TU added my Cap1 limit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrot, Nov 30, 2000.

1. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I sent a letter to all 3 CRAs and requested they update my report to show my Cap1 credit limit. Well I just received TU today and they did it! Hope this info helps you Citibank folks who are trying to get your limits reported

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Carrot. I have been so busy this week, I have not been able to contact Experian and others while at work. But I will get to it as soon as I can. Thanks again and congratulations.

roni.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Did you enclose proof of your credit limit, or did you just tell them what it was? Thanks.

Experian told me today to simply send them back a copy of my report, with the "credit limit" spot circled, and write the true limit next to the circle.

Saar

4. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I sent them a copy of my most recent statement with my credit limit highlighted.

By the way, I mailed these letters out on 11/17 and TU's update arrived today--talk about a quick response!

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Reporting limits HONESTLY

Of course, It's completely up to you, but I seriously question the morals of anyone who lies about credit limits when adding them to their reports.

True, it is relatively easy to pawn off an error to a credit bureau mistake, or transposition of numbers (oops, it's a $1700 limit, not $7100--my "mistake"), but honestly, you never know when it may haunt you in the future.

Saar's wording of his question motivated me to write this response, though I'm not saying that Saar asked because he had those intentions...

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Carrot

That's great Carrot. I called Experian and they said they would include my limits on reports regarding Citi, but maybe i should also send them my statements with limits highlighted just to make sure.

Mom

7. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Reporting limits HONESTLY

I report only 100% accurate information; No if's, and's or but's.

The only false information involved here is that of creditors fraudulently reporting "high balance" as if it were the credit limit, thereby diminishing credit scores even for their most devoted, loyal & law-abiding customers, all in hopes of eliminating competition in the credit market.

And yes, I don't like the idea of furnishing evidence (such as credit statements) to the bureaus unless there's no other way. To me they already symblize the era of zero privacy and excessive corporation power.

Are you sure it's my "wording" and not your understanding, that "motivated" you to respond that way? Being the contributing poster that you are, I did not expect that from you.

Saar

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Carrot and Mom

I have a little fear that when Capital one updates our reports next go around that the high balance may pop back up. Im not concerned with citi cause they leave that area blank but still just wondering about the capital one.

roni

9. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Saar...

Saar--

One of the flaws in written communication is the interpretation of what one has written. I know that in the company I work for, e-mail, which has largely replaced small, informal conversations, has left many negative and discontent feelings when those feels weren't meant to surface.

Perhaps these few posts exemplifies the above paragraph. To reiterate, I had no qualms that your interrogation was to determine the ease at which false credit limit reporting could be accomplished. However, my reading of your post conjured the idea that someone might look at this opportunity not to create an accurate credit profile with which a credit score is based, but rather to create a profile that looks more appealing to lenders, and/or to create a lower credit utilization ratio.

Again, my apologies for any uneasy feelings I may have caused.