TU again AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larissa, Oct 26, 2001.

1. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

I took bkev's previous advice and deleted hubby's worthknowing account and created a new one in order to see if any of the disputes I sent have updated. Well guess what? I sent in a dispute re: a judgement that is paid but was showing unpaid, and instead of updating the judgement they added another one! So now I still have the unpaid one, and now 2 paid ones! What is wrong with these people???

They still haven't fixed the car loan either, but I just sent that letter, so I will have to give them some time on that one.

I am getting really fed up with them!

Larissa

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Remember.... many people have complained about old accounts being listed on worthknowing.com

I've successfully called TU to see if accounts are listed/status.... Have you tried that?

If so, and they're there.... You'll never to start investigations to dispute them off...

3. Larissa

So what you are saying is that maybe they put the paid one on and just haven't deleted the unpaid one yet? Maybe I am getting worked up over nothing? I will have to wait for the paper copy because hubby won't call them, and this is his report.

Thanks
    Larissa

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Put simply.... Worthknowing does not always match TransUnion info....

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Larissa,

The exact same thing happened to me! At that point I set TU up. I disputed thel ast six negative tradelines on my credit report. Everything came back verified after about 2 weeks (which included another tradeline with the same judgement listed).

I wrote them demanding procedures used to verify, reminding them they had 15 days to get the information to me(certified return receipt). They sent me another letter telling me they were starting a reinvestigation. I sent another letter reminding them they had 4 days to get the information to me (I sent FED EX). I called them, and spoke to a rude representative that told me they had 30 days to investigate. I told him I didn't want a reinvestigation I wanted the procedures used to verify the information. He kept repeating they had 30 days to reinvestigate.

I was so pissed off I sat down and created my paper trail. I went to the magistrate that day and filed a civil complaint. I had all of my documentation showing and my copies of my letters and retun receipts. I had the letters from the university stating that I had completed the rehabilitation program and telling them to remove the judgement.

After they were served, they sent me a report with all negative information removed. I had successfully cleand up my TU report due to their error.

The thing is, all of the negative information was correct except the judgement. I don't think they verified anything. They waited 2 weeks and sent me an updated report with a judgement duplicated. When I questioned it they wanted to investigate, which was to late. Basically, I caught them in a lie and they had to remove the negative information.

6. Larissa

Hmmm interesting Idea! There are other negs on TU including the NCO/MBNA issue I have Bill working on. I just can't believe they can be so incompetent! (well yeah I guess I can) They have thus far completely messed up my car loan and now duplicated this judgement. Plus after a couple of inquiry deletions they have refused to do any more. And I though EQ was bad!

On the plus side, scores are as follows

EX-675
    EQ-618
    TU is up to 500+ after being 466, but if they could get their act together, it should match EQ or better.

Jeez

Larissa

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Fantastic Terry!!

8. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

Yaaayyyyyyyy Terry,

You made my day. They had to take everything off. They knew they were in the wrong. Good for you!!

cariba