TU and a question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Christi, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Got my mother's report today from TU it is squeaky clean, except that her last auto loan is showing -0- lates, -0- balance but then it says PAID, charge off. She has the original contract showing Paid In Full. It was traded in on the current vehicle she has. Will TU accept a copy of that and update the information or will we need to dispute this?

Christi

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I would do both Christi. I would write them disputing and then attach the proof.

But, if you are really interested in a lawsuit, you could set them up. Let them verify the charge off and then sue them and the original creditor.

roni

3. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Thank you, Roni

I'm glad you answered that, Roni. My TU just came back and had a car that I had traded in recently listed as a repo. I will attach my paperwork and dispute it.

4. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

NO, she's not interested in a lawsuit. We've managed to get all but that off her TU and all but 2 things off her Equifax and they are in dispute now. Experian deleted immediately on the phone..but thanks.

Christi

5. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

How in the world are people getting such great results with Experian on the phone?!?! Every time I call them on the phone, I get routed to the regional people (not real Experian people) and they always tell me I have to "send it in writing"! geez, they should just put that on a recorded message and play it for anyone unlucky to live in this area! :-(

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Same here......how the hell do you have such luck over the phone w/ Experian???????? Anytime I even ATTEMPT to call, it's like the rep has her fingers in her ears and is saying "la la la la" until I'm done with my 2-bit trumped up sob story! :( :( :(

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I helped my Mom with her credit reports so she could get a new car - she had the same thing - it was Ford Credit - it showed that the car was reposessed and that there was a balance due on it. I dug out the papers showing where that car had been traded in, anticipating a fight, but Ford reported it as paid - zero balance. However, the CRA's all deleted it, instead of reporting it as a good account, thus shortening her credit history to about 6 months, where it would have been 8 years. Ya just can't win, huh?

breeze

8. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

So now I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Perhaps I should stipulate in my dispute that I am declaring the "repo" notation as incorrect, not the whole entry.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Thank you, Roni

Like i just said .
    Where in the H--- do they dig up such s---?

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Jonesing & MP$40

1. The CRA's must offer you a toll-free phone # to discuss your problems. See: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2000/01/busysignal.htm

If they don't do that, go to http://www.ftc.gov and select: "file a complaint online". They don't normally investigate a single complaint, but a pile of the same kind will get their attention.

2. When the Experian rep tells you s/he can't touch your file since it's assigned to a local agency, s/he is telling the truth. Only the local agency can access and change your file.

3. The Lexington "tutorial" explains that generally, a local CRA agency is much harder to deal w/ than their parent CRA agency. It also recommended that in extreme cases, one should notify them of a change of address, and provide a friend's or a relative's address one knows is not handled by the local agency. Then one can start re-disputing directly w/ the parent agency.

Saar