TU and affiliates

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

How come sometimes I get an update directly from TU and other times I get the update from their local affiliate? How do they decide who does it?

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That's a good question, Erica and one that does cause us a lot more consternation and problems than most realize.

What it boils down to from our perspective is that it is just another method used to obfuscate the issue which is our attempts to clear up items on credit reports.

The way they seem to be doing it is to send our verfication requests to their affiliate and let them do the investigation and then report back to us that the affiliate did the investigation instead of the actual facts of the matter as we demanded.

I have found that the best way to deal with this is to demand verificaton of both the CRA and their associate at the same time. Both then have to respond to your demand and for some unknown reason that seems to put a bit of a hitch in their git-along.

One possibility that is opened is that one will report one thing and the other something entirely different and then one would have them over a barrel so to speak.

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Bill,

What is really disturbing about that is the report I received today had tradelines on the cover page HANDWRITTEN in! Someone actually had their eyeballs on my report, not a computer as I had originally thought. BTW, this report yeilded 2 deletions to non-responding creditors. Hope they stay off.