TU Confirmation Letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jun 9, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got a letter from Trans Union today confirming receipt of Lexington's latest disputes. Curiously last time it was a multi page thing that listed what was being disputed and also included their "credit repair" letter. This time it was one page telling me they received my disputes and I should hear back from them by 7-15. No indication of what was disputed and no credit repair warning letter.

2. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Hey Dave,

My confirmation letters from TU look just like that every month. Just one page, nothing mentioned about what was disputed. I have had all my best luck with TU. Were you the one who was asking for a physical address for them a few days ago? If so it's 1561 E. Orangethorpe ave. Fullerton, Ca. 92831-5207. If it wasn't you then disregard. Good luck.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nope, it wasn't me. But I'm sure whoever needed it will read it here.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAD PREVIOUSLY POSTED THE ADDRESS...I LIVED NEAR THERE...ALSO HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN THERE...YOU CAN WALK IN FILL OUT PAPER WORK AND SHOW ID AND PAY (OR GET ONE FOR FREE) AND WALK OUT THE DOOR...OR THIS IS THE NEAT PART...WAIT FOR AN AGENT WHO WILL DISCUSS IT WITH YOU...

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Dave,

I got a similar letter on Thursday. I also have the same 7/15 date on mine. Mine was one page no more.

The last time I disputed anything was several years ago, so I can't remember what the TU "dispute received" letter looked like or what it contained in the past. I am in my first round with Bradley Ross and so far this is the only documentation I have recieved from any CRA.

By the way since it has been a while since I have done any disputing, does Experian and Equifax send out similar letters? I just can't remember if they do or not.

dlo64

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Equifax did for me. Experian did not.

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Bradley Ross received my Experian at the same time as my TU. That would explain why I have not heard anything from Experian. They received my Equifax a week after the TU and Experian. I guess I will have to wait for the updated Experian to find out what happened.

8. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Hey Dave,

Guess what my husband received today in the mail? A letter from Experian saying they received his disputes and they also offered a "Q & A" question at the end in regard to credit repair companies. I think it is a scare tactic not to use them (ie. Bradley Ross, Junum, Lexington, etc.). I thought that was clever of them. Anyway the letter doesn't state when they received the disputes, just that it would take up to 30 days to verify. The letter is dated 6/6 so I'll see.

Now where is my letter? You said you didn't get a letter from Experian when you disputed. Maybe Experian picks and chooses.

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Interesting. Many people have posted here that Experian has never confirmed their disputes. Maybe they're changing their policy.

I hope I get one.

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Dave, I thought you said it was the other way around. You sure you didn't invert that? If not, you are the first person I have heard that got a dispute confirmation from Equifax. I'm jealous.

-Dave

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Answered my own question...Erica said she had Equifax confirmations so I must be just left out :(

-Dave

12. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Maybe Experian likes my husband. I thought you said it was Experian you didn't get. Don't forget, I still didn't get one :( Neither of us have received an Equifax yet.

13. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Okay. Today I received a "disputes received" confirmation letter from Experian. Funny though, mine did not have the "Q & A" about credit repair that was on my husband's letter. Bradley Ross must really be doing aggressive disputing on his report! The note on my letter basically said we received your disputes blah, blah, blah, can take up to 30 days blah, blah, blah...Thank you, Experian. Short and to the point. Now let's see if either of us get an Equifax letter.

14. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Hey Dave,

Just curious, have you received your updated TU report yet? Just got mine yesterday. Only took 2 weeks to work on 6 disputed items???? Their letter states disputes received on 5/31 and updated report is dated 6/15. Now I have not disputed anything since 1999 and it always took at least 30 days from the date of receipt to get an updated report. Are TU now miracle workers?

Out of the 6 disputes I did get two deletions, but it appears they never made an effort to reverify the other 4.

15. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nope.. I haven't seen anything yet. In their letter they say they got the disputes on 5-31 or 6-1 (I can't remember and I don't have the letter here at home) but they gave themselves until 7-15 to respond.

Now you're going to have me running out to my mailbox this afternoon. :)

16. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I received the letters from Experian and TU, but not from Equifax. I am heading into Round 2 with Lex right now, so I should receive my confirmation letters with the next couple of days. Lexington wants all correspondence from CRA sent to them, did anyone send them the "credit repair" letter. I figured they already knew the CRA were sending them out so I didnt include mine when i sent in my package of reports.

17. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I send them everything I get. That included the credit repair letter from TU.

I don't know what use any of the confirmations would be to them, but they ask for them so I send them.

18. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Dave,

I hope you made to your mailbox okay :D You know running there is not always a good idea. LOL

The reason I asked is I suspect that TU did not verify 4 of the 6 accounts in dispute at all. Now that you have indicated that you have not received your updated TU report makes me more suspicious of TU. I remember you saying that you got a letter from TU the same time I did stating they received your disputes the same day they received mine. Yet, I got an updated report on Thursday dated the 15th (only two weeks from receipt of dispute). Thought that was kind of strange, but I thought maybe by the miracle of technology, updates might have been taking less time. I have not disputed anything since 1999 so I am a little out of practice ;)

Thanks for letting me know.