TU Credit Score Available!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tmitchell, Jun 15, 2001.

1. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Hi everyone....

TransUnion's credit score is now available at their site www.transunion.com. I think you get it with your creit report.

Tom

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

And, a new service called identityguard that is $8.95 a month to monitor your TU report!

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Does that mean it is included with your hard copy reports ordered via snail mail? And only if you request they send it with the report? It does not appear you can get a TU score online (or online report for that matter). Correct?

-Dave

4. tmitchell

If you order identity guard, you can get your TU online! I'm still trying to find out where the score comes in.

Follow their link for identity guard.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Yes but I have a problem with the accuracy of the report from, and having to pay, a third party service getting my report...The only reason I am trying CreditExpert is that they are offerring a 30 day free trial...I will cancel before 30 days are up. Why doesn't TU offer their report online for a fee, that does not require you sign up with a third party service to get it?

Thanks for the info though, T I appreciate it, I am just venting at TU. :)

-Dave

6. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

The Identity Guard link says that the Credit Analyzer is a scoring model. I just ordered my TU so I'll know in a few days if they actually send my score too.

7. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

I don't see a link to grab the score. All I see is the links to www.identityguard.com. This seem like a 3rd-party score, not TU's score. Has anyone gone thru the purchase process? Is it instantaneous, or is there a delay in getting your score?

Inquiring minds want to know...

8. tmitchell

I called TU. They said to get the score, you need to order your CR online. I tried this and it DOES give you the option of including the score for free.

In my infinite wisdom, I forgot to ask if this is the score that lenders see. After closer scrutiny, I'm starting to question it.

Almost forgot, using this method, you cannot access the report online - it comes in the mail!

Tom

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

This is downright annoying why the heck can't TU and EX let you just order your report and score ONLINE for a one time fee like EQ, not make you sign up for a monitoring service, free trial or not this is unbelievable:( As you can see I didn't order from either of them.

10. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

They just call it their "consumer credit score." The words Fair, Isaac, FICO or Emperica appear nowhere.

11. CCN1

CCN1 Administrator

I just called TU and they said that the feature is not yet implamented into there system and won't be ready for another month or two but they did say that one of the other to CRA's already has it available

12. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

OK--Now I am totally confused. Looks like TU's score is the same one as E-loan is using. Under the CA law, all CRA's must have full FICO disclosure by July 1, 2001. Perhaps we ought to wait until then? It sounds like TU will have a different method for FICO scoring then.

13. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I think we need to revisit the assumption that it is the fico score that will be mandated to be released by the new Ca. disclosure law.If it implies anywhere in that law that the credit score be disclosed without specifically requiring fico score disclosure, you can bet which score the CRa's will provide.

Dealing with power regulation in California will be a cakewalk compared to dealing with a CRA .

Anyone read the letter of the law?

VJ