TU does give out score but...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I have two (2) matters I want to share with the board. Both have been discussed here before...

10 days ago, I telephoned in a dispute with TU. I requested that an older account last reported on in 1993 as "unrated" be upgraded to "Paid, never late".It is a legitimate good trade line. I specifically requested that the account be verified and changed. NOT DELETED. The rep was very nice.

Now the results...

Matter #1 The account was deleted.Simple as that From the postmark, the delete was done within 4 working days. Unless TU works on Saturday then it was 5 days. Ha Ha!

Matter #2 The report I got had no credit score. I called 800-916-8800. I put in the file number and a rep came on-line. I requested and got my credit score of 813 down from 828 the date I called to make the dispute.

I explained my concern about the delete. Then I dropped the matter. It is not worth fighting over. TU grades on a 950 scale so a 15 point drop may just be normal or an unrated account may help. I don't know.

Jim

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Those jerks at TU are real quick to delete valid, positive trade lines. Apparently, positive accounts they can't verify, but the negs can always be verified. I am 1 return letter from them away from filing a lawsuit. I will post my next letter to TU shortly.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I was aware of the tendency for TU to delete tradelines when we dispute per Saar. But I wanted to test the system.

There had been a lot comments on the board that an "unrated" account is negative even if the account is listed with the positive accounts. Sticking to facts, I don't know whether the deletion hurt me or helped me or was neutral.

I have 2 accounts on TU that are not reporting limits. Before I dispute them, I will write a Planet Feedback letter to TU. When I get a response, I will ask the responder to handle the disputes.

I want a paper / E-mail trail.

Jim