TU error, can I hold em to it?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marypc, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I called Trans Union on 10/3 to request a copy of my credit report and score. I got a letter in the interim telling me that they couldnt honor my request to have positive credit put on my report, that the creditor has to submit it.

I had no idea what they were talking about, so I called them. The rep told me she didnt have any reference to the positive credit thing, but she did say that I had a dispute going as of 10/3. Now, I have a paid tax lien on there, and an old GMAC charge off which I have given up on, so I havent disputed with TU in a while.

I told her I have no recollection of sending this dispute, and she asked me if I was using a Credit Repair company (I was, but canceled Junum in August because they were disputing positive tradelines.) I acted suitably shocked and told her no. She said she would send me the request that they got. I received it today, and have no idea where it came from. It is a check off sheet form letter type of thing, and there is a space for a signature. The signature is my name all right, but I never signed this. It is dated 7/1/01. I want to know if I should write TU and tell them that since they sat on this dated dispute for over 3 months, they have to delete the disputed items. What do you all think?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry... I don't think it will work. You have no proof that it was sent 7/1. I could mark a letter 12/1/2000 and fax it today, but in order to work the system, it's 30 days after they put it in their system.

Sounds like you cancelled your service just in time... Investigating positive tradelines? Just another example of why I say DO IT YOURSELF!

:)