TU FICO--unavail during a dispute?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cosjef, Jul 12, 2001.

1. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

I spoke with a TU rep yesterday, and she told me my score was unavailable while I had a dispute in progress. Anybody else find this to be true, or was I being jerked around?

2. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

You were being jerked around. I called them yesterday for my score. She immediately gave it to me right after she told me what disputes I had open.

Tom

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I called yesterday and the csr refused to give me my score. Said I had to "buy" a report online.

4. tmitchell

Mist...

I played dumb. i said that the identityguard score seemed real low and wanted to know why. She said the identityguard score isn't the same as TU's. So, I asked her what the TU score was becasue, I told her, that's what I thought I bought with identityguard.

She gave it right up.

Tom

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I call back, then. Something is fishy with TU and IdentityGuard.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

No kidding...the Identity Guard score is way off (on the low side)..and I got the stupid score with a dispute (on Idenity Guard) right before I cancelled their dumb service.

If it's not the right score, what's the point?

7. tmitchell

I agree, NanaC. Why bother giving out scores that really mean nothing to the consumer! The law should state that all CRAs release the true FICOs!

Tom

8. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

I just took a page out of tmitchell's book. I called up and said my identityguard score seemed too low. The rep said they have TWO scoring systems: one for creditors, one for consumers like me. The consumer score is also going to be known as the "Trans Risk score" when it becomes available to the public. And the two scores WILL DIFFER!! Imagine that. You will pay for a score that even then, will not be the "true" score.

On the upside, my score was a 666! Of course, that is the sign of the devil, so what do you think they are implying? Ha haa ha.