TU Fraud Dept. - WTF?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. I just called TU to see if they got the disputes from Junum and the rep is said that she could not access my file because it was being handled by the FRAUD DEPT!!!!!!!! WTF???????????

Oh man, now what??????? I am not a victim of fraud. I am on hold w/ them now. This is ludicrous...

2. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

With this being the second person getting fishy things from TU related to JUNUM. I'm going to call and see what TU says to me about my disputes also call JUNUM and see what there position is. Cause my TU is perfect execpt for some 30 days and 1 60day so I'm not to concerned.

My2kGT

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Damn MP, as soon as you get off hold with TU. I would be on Junum's butt ASAP. Something strange is going on here.

Mom

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD SAY..."I AM NOT A VICTIM OF FRAUD, SO YOU BETTER GET IT OUT OF THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT TODAY, OR YOU WILL BE SEEING A SMALL CLAIMS SUIT FOR $5,000"!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE THE FULLERTON CALIFORNIA ADDRESS RIGHT HERE...

TRANS UNION CREDIT
    1561 E ORANGETHORPE AVE
    FULLERTON CA 92831-5210

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FILE FRAUD CHARGES AGAINST TRANS UNION...

6. mt

mt Guest

What was the reason?

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I HAVE NO CLUE!!!!!

Called and they couldn't tell me anything! Rep didn't have an explanation! All she saw was that FUSA wrote a letter and had all of the inquiries and the account that they were reporting DELETED! Remember I closed this account like a year ago because FUSA was messing up. They received the letter on April 7th. The rep stated that once your account is in the fraud dept.......it's THERE! I am so upset about this! :-||

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: I HAVE NO CLUE!!!!!

When I called Transunion yesterday to see if they had received my disputes from Junum, the rep said she couldn't access my file because I am using an attorney to handle my disputes and my file is in a different department. I asked to speak to that department and was told that they were currently closed. She kept questioning me as to if I was an attorney or if I was using an atty. I never did get an answer as to whether they received the disputes or not. This is round 2 through Junum.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That's terrible.

I would be very worried if I were in your shoes. It also is very unfair. They should spend their time verify disputes instead of worrying about JUNUM.

BTW, I got the "if you are using a credit repair agency letter" even though I am not using one. AND I hadnot sent in a dispute to Transunion in a year.

They must be looking for a fight.

roni

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

My mother got that letter...

She's never disputed anything, never even saw her credit report until I wrote and got them for her, before she applied for a car loan. There was an error on it (good thing I checked). I filled out the CRA's form for disputing info, she signed it. Along with the letter stating that they had corrected the error, they sent the letter asking "are you using a credit repair service?"

breeze

11. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: My mother got that letter.

Junum should have been more careful. They've obviously done something wrong, to generate the "you're using an attorney" response. We haven't had that response following disputes sent by other credit repair firms.

Saar

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: My mother got that letter.

Unless you called in, how would you know whether your got put in that department? I mean, let's say that he hadn't called in..he'd still not know that it was in that dept. My point is, it might have happened and we are not aware of it.

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Forgot to add

I think this might speak for EVERYONE checking their dispute status by calling...

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Saar

I agree 100%. This is a real shame. I went with my natural instinct about junum when I bailed out in November. Something just didnot seem right. I wonder if JIM is having any problems. He is a bigtime Junum user.

roni

15. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Saar

roni
    so far, the last I heard from Jim, he was not having any problems with junum. He was on round 3 and if I remember correctly, nothing was changed. Actually, I think Jim is just about done with Junum.
    The answers we are getting by phone from Transunion actually sounds to me like the files are just in the dispute department. They tell one person their file is in the fraud dep't. and they tell the next that it is in the lawyer dep't. I have not received any letters from them re:are you using a credit repair business. So, until I hear more, and I will call them again on Monday, I'm going to assume my file is in the dispute dep't. What it boils down to is it is their job to handle the disputes and it is none of their business if I do it myself or if I pay someone to do it. There should be no difference.

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

LKH

Good Points!

17. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: LKH

Thank you.

18. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Scare tactics

I think that demanding such information is, in net effect, nothing more than an attempt to intimidate or bluff.

It may "scare" or "Intimidate" some folks who don't know the ropes into thinking they might be doing something that is somehow morally wrong or somehow illegal, but it's all an attempt to bluff.

At least, that's my opinion. I can't think of any other reason they would ask such questions, can you??

Bill Bauer