TU "heavy duty" addr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Apr 17, 2001.

  1. Saar

    Saar Banned

    I called Trans Union and insisted on getting a physical street address, not a PO Box, where court papers may be served, if necessary.

    This is what I got:

    Trans Union, LLC
    2 Baldwin Place
    1510 Chester Pike
    Crum Lynne PA 19022-1338


  2. Saar

    Saar Banned

    Re: TU "heavy duty"

    Seems I can also send there ordinary diputes, without playing their sudden "switched PO Box, no forwarding address left" games, which we all know Experian (for one) likes playing. But hey, if it weren't for those, we wouldn't have the contents of the Lexington letter revealed, now would we?

  3. rick

    rick Well-Known Member

    Re: TU "heavy duty"

    The address on my TU report gives an address on Orangethorpe Ave in California. (I think in Irvine). I'm at work so I can't verify for sure but it's a CA address. Do you guys want it?
  4. Saar

    Saar Banned

    Re: TU "heavy duty"

    Is it a sub-office operated by a contractor, or a TU office? It's probably the former, since the address on their web site is in PA, too.

  5. Bill Bauer

    Bill Bauer Guest

    Do we have that?

    Do we already have that, and if so, where?

    May I respectfully suggest that maybe you also should have asked for the name of the person duly authorized in their papers of incorporation to receive summons and or notice of summons?

    That also must be on file at a very bare minimum in the offices of the Secretary of State in the state in which they have their principal place of business.

    Of course, you should also be able to get the same information by writing directly to the Secretary of State in PA and see if they will send you that information.

    If the information you get back from the Secretary of State differs from what TU supplies, it could be worth writing to the Secretary of State and making complaint that TU failed/refused to supply you with the proper information.

    The Secretary(s) of State usually are not too enthused about companies who refuse or fail to give correct information in response to such requests.

    If you ae contemplating some actual court action, one of the "cute" tricks you can play on them is to check with the Secretary of State in your home state and see if your state demands that in order to do business in your state, all companies must be registered with the Secretary of State.

    Once you know what the law is in that regard in your state, you may have some rather potent weapons in your corner.
    Don't file charges on them because they failed to comply with your state laws just yet. If you actually discover that you do have grounds for filing such complaints, that can come later. The next possible avenue of approach once your lawsuit is discovered is to file motion for discovery. In that motion, you demand copies of their papers of incorporation. They will have to provide those and then you search through them to see if their papers of incorporation include their statement, declaration, whatever of right and intent to engage in the practice of such things as collecting debts, handling of disputes, charging interest on unpaid debts, charging late fees and anything else. Some of that would only apply to collection agencies, of course, not credit reporting. Rather than being specifically correct here, my point is to state that anything and everything they state in their papers of incorporation filed with the Secretary of State is permissible and anything they fail to state in their papers of incorporation may be, MIGHT BE illegal for them to do. So once they have complied with your court filed demand, motion for discovery, you can then try to figure out where they are doing something that is not authorized in their papers of incorporation. Then you can move on to more motions of discovery and other filings.

    Bill Bauer

    Bill Bauer
  6. Hal

    Hal Well-Known Member

    Re: Do we have that?

    TU and the other CRA's all have Statutory or Registered Agents in every state. To serve legal process, you are only required to serve the statutory agent. When you file a suit, small claims or civil, against the CRA, your state is the state of jurisdiction or venue. You could serve them in PA, which is their headquarters, but it is probably not necessary and more expensive to do so.
  7. rick

    rick Well-Known Member

    Re: Do we have that?

    That's true. When I worked at a bank, we accepted the papers at each branch, then forwarded it to corporate immediately.

    GEORGE Well-Known Member

    Re: Do we have that?


    FULLERTON CA 92831-5210


  9. rick

    rick Well-Known Member

    Re: Do we have that?

    Yes! That's the One!
  10. Ender

    Ender Well-Known Member

    Re: Do we have that?

    That office in Fullerton is where I have been sending my correspondence with them as well. I get pretty prompt replies as well..
  11. jonesing

    jonesing Well-Known Member

    Re: Do we have that?

    I wave to the Chester, PA (Crum Lynne) office every day on my way to work ;-)
  12. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    Give 'em the bird instead


Share This Page