TU inquiry disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Pat, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I used the Bkev method for disputing 3 inquiries online with TU. Got the results today, they're still there. I didn't get the "we don't dispute inquiries" letter. I got the standard procedure for investigation letter with the name address and telephone number of the companies whose inquiries I disputed and also a letter educating me on inquiries. I disputed them as no permissable purpose.

Dear Consumer,
    We are in receipt of your correspondence in which you request that we remove unauthorized inquiries from your credit file.

A credit grantor does not have to have written authorization from the consumer in order to pull a credit file, only a permissable purpose is needed. If you feel that the companies who inquired into your credit file did not have a permissable purpose as outlined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act section 604, you may wish to contact them directly concerning their reason for accessing your file. If they find their inquiry is incorrect, they may provide us with written authorization requesting the removal of the inquiry.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well... as one of the most popular threads here says "THIS BOARD IS BEING WATCHED!".

I guess I should have kept the information secret and charged everyone $35 for the knowledge? It's worked for me several times and it's worked for other people several times.

It does not work if you are serviced by an affiliate, no not copy the exact spelling of the company from a TransUnion report or fail to be simple and clear with what you want done.

At least you didn't have to pay for it!

3. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

That I've never doubted. In fact, my user name used to be my first initial, last name. I had PBM change this awhile ago. Don't want to make it to easy for the "watchers".

I'm not sure if you're taking my post to mean that I'm upset with you because the method you used and recomended didn't work. This ISN'T the case, I appreciate the method, it just didn't work for me. I've had lots of things work and others not work. I thought the letter was a little odd, instead of stating that they didn't accept disputes on inquiries, that they sent me the above letter. Thats all I was really trying to get across.

I'm not serviced by an affiliate, I copied the exact spelling from my online report, and I was very clear NO PERMISSABLE PURPOSE - REMOVE.

This is true!

4. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Well, the way I see it, everyone should just dispute inquiries with TransUnion. It costs them money to get the paper, use the ink, pay the employee, and mail out that lovely letter. Maybe after enough times of redisputing, they'll decide it's more cost effective to just delete the inquiries!

5. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I AM serviced by an affiliate and so far they have removed17 inquiries. On my hubbys they have removed 9 I think. All I write is "unauthorized inquiry please delete" if that doesn't work (I check within 48 hours on worthknowing) I write "never applied for credit please delete". I fax my disputes over to the office and if they are going to remove the inquiry it is 90% of the time done that very same day.

BKEV- my question to you is....what should we do about these bogus letters we get from Equifax. Do you think there is anything we can pull out of the FCRA and send THAT in a letter? I got the 'contact the creditors and their fraud dept. letter' when I contact the creditors they say dispute it with the CRA's. What should letter #2 contain any suggestions?
    Kellie

6. BruteForce

BruteForce Well-Known Member

No, this was obviously another underhanded attack on bbauer. <sigh>some people don't know when to stop.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe someday he'll comply with the law. Don't like what I say? It disappears if you use the ignore button like Joe did! :)

8. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

The ignore button works well if you don't like what OTHER people say too :)

9. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

Thanks to BKEV--my investigation results are due on 11/24, but already I have had 2 inquiries deleted! I don't exactly remember what he said to write, but I did it and it is working. So far, my online disputing with TU and EX is yielding great results.

cariba

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT...DON'T READ IT!!!
    JUST LIKE COMMERCIALS...IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, DON'T WATCH THEM!!!

11. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

The only problem with the ignore button, it ignores the poster you want, but not the poster who quotes the ignored poster. :(

12. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Kind of flawed right?

13. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Topic anyone??

14. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I agree they don't need written permission...you never said that, you only told them NON PERMISSABLE PURPOSE...They suck!

TU told me they won't take evidence I send them for putting a deleted positive trade back on, why would they take evidence from me about deleting an inquiry?...and don't THEY have to send out a validation? Why is it OUR responsibility to verify the item...seems they want us to do their work for them.

-Peace, Dave

15. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head Dave, they do suck!

The one I really want gone is from Intersections. For some reason they pulled a hard inquiry when I joined Identityguard. I've sent them an email to change it to soft or have it removed. If that doesn't work I'll send them a note through PFB. In the mean time I guess I'll just spam TU until I get the lazy clerk who deletes on his/her own. All my other derogs on TU are gone, except the inquiries.

16. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, others had this happen with IdentityGuard and there may be a post with a contact for removal...If it is them, they gave many hard inquiries which should have been soft and supposedly sent a MASS update to TU having them correct it. I will see if I can find the post...even if it wasn't IDGuard, they should ABSOLUTELY send a letter to TU to change that to soft. PFB tonight...call them (IDGuard) tomorrow and rattle their chains.

-Peace, Dave

17. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

18. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I just saw that and was going to post that you ask Saar or Mist the answer to this ? ... I am still looking for anything that has a result from this debacle.

-Peace, Dave

19. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dave:

I always love this one.... How do you prove something didn't happen?