TU Letter for Bill Bauer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Apr 30, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

This letter is really in all caps. I refuse to type it that way though.

P.O. Box 2000
    Chester, PA 19022-2000

Return Service Requested

April 06, 2001 File Number: xxxxxxxxx-xxx

My name
    My address
    My city, state, ZIP

Dear Consumer:

Please accept this correspondence as notification that Trans Union has received a letter disputing information contained in your Trans Union credit file.

Your rights under the feder Fair Credit Reporting Act guarantee the disclosure of your credit file. This act also affords you the opportunity to dispute an item contained within your credit file that you feel is inaccurate, at no charge.

If you used the services of a "credit repair company" (they assisted you in requesting this disclosure or dispute and you paid a fee for this service), you may be interested to know that government agencies are in the process of investigating some of these companies which may be charging fees and otherwise deceiving consumers. If you have reason to believe that the fee charged by the credit repair company was too high and/or its services were misrepresented, please let us know if you would like your situation to be referred for investigation. With your permission, we will provide the information you furnish on the following form to the appropriate authorities.

Please direct your future correspondence to the address given above with the file number provided in the upper right corner.

-----

Now the form:

Name of credit repair company:
    Contact person/phone #:
    Address of credit repair company:
    Amount they charged:
    What they promised:
    Your complaint:
    Your telephone number:

If you need more room, please use the back of this form. It would be helpful for you to attach any brochures or documents you have received from the credit repair company.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Relations Department

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

OK!

So what would you like to know about the letter that isn't already stated in it?

Bill Bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nothing. I thought I saw you say in a prior thread that you wanted to see it.

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Yup! that's the letter I was sent....and that Bill wanted to see, I was just too lazy to post it (actually in my drug induced haze I totally forgot!)
    So.....very leading but not a "gotcha" letter :)
    AnnMarie

5. AnnMarie

Thank you!

Oops! forgot to say a big ole thank you for typing that out...and thanks for not using the caps :)

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound scary to me :)

Actually now that I read it (first time) it does not sound like a "scare" tactic to me at all...if anything it sounds like a trap for TU to get consumers to VOLUNTEER information that they have used a credit repair company.

I was under the impression that is said something like - "if you are using a credit repair company you may be ***flagged*** etc..." or something like that.

-Dave

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Re: Doesn't sound scary to me :)

Or maybe "IF YOU USE A CREDIT REPAIR COMPANY YOU WILL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!!!"

8. AnnMarie

I personally wasn't "scared" of it..but if you remember the many posts that we had from people that got this letter--how did they react? They got SCARED! Therefore, I consider that a "Scare" tactic.
    Not a threatening tactic, but an unnerving, make people nervous-as-in-uh-oh-what-did-I-get-myself-into-better-do-what-they-say tactic.
    Does the make more sense as to where I'm coming from?

AnnMarie

BTW, not at home and this puter doesn't have Yahoo :(

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

LOL Dave, and AM Nothing can scare you with all that Vicodin :)

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You know -- a funny thing hit me when I posted this letter and the one I sent to Chex. I was amazed at how fast Chex responded to me and I didn't realize until I typed the date on that Chex letter that I had sent it over a month ago!

Kinda the same thing with the TU letter. In another page of it they told me my disputes would be done by 5-18. When I first started with Lex, 5-13 would have seemed like three years.

I think I'm getting better at waiting as this all goes on. Probably because this board gives me something on-topic to do while I wait, and gives me a place to talk about small victories.

Thanks, folks.

11. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with Dave.The first sentence just says we have received you dispute on such and such date so the clock is ticking ,unless you give us a reason to consider it worthless.

Look at the form. They say with your permission they will forward complaint but then don't give you a place to sign and give permission on form.It looks like they just want the info to not consider dispute.

vj