TU Liars?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nancy, Aug 22, 2001.

1. nancy

nancy Active Member

After reading this forum, I decided to do an online dispute on a Popular Club charge off account (opened 5/95 closed 1/96) on all 3 CR. I called TU to verify the status of the investigation and the rep told me it was deleted. I received the report and the item remains on my report. TU says that Popular Club verified the information. However, they cannot provide me the written info (Popular only verifies via fax or mail) unless I have a court order.

Is this true? Should I contact Popular Club myself and ask that they verify my information? If it is verified should I try to settle the debt for a deletion?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes call and check to see if Popular Club verified. CRA's will tell a lie in a heartbeat.

breeze

3. nancy

nancy Active Member

OK, I will call them and see if they are able to verify the information. If they are able to verify the information, should I intend to make a negotiation to pay the debt for the deletion of the negative remark on my cr?

4. kbelle72

kbelle72 Well-Known Member

I don't know if they are liars or just criminally stupid.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Don't make any promises or agreements just yet. Just ask if they verified the information. You don't want to know if they can verify, you want to know if they did verify.

Don't asy anything except "Did you....?" and "thank you." Anything else, say you'll check on it and get back to them. This is very important.

breeze

6. nancy

nancy Active Member

gotcha! thanks a million!!!

7. nancy

nancy Active Member

One more question. What if they tell me he information was never verified. Do I ask for it in writing? In other words, how can I prove to TU that they are LIARS? I need something other than "he said/she said". TU said they verified in writing and they won't disclose that information to me.

HELP me.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Ask for a letter to that effect. Be really nice, act blonde!!

breeze

9. nancy

nancy Active Member

What if they say yes ma'am the information was verified and you owe us....give us our money....?
    ( I'm curious and jst hinking about all the possibilities)

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

"I'm afraid I don't recall this..... could you send me that information in writing? Then I could get back to you on it."

If they won't let you off the phone nicely, ask them to hold for a minute, your call waiting is beeping, and then hang up. ;)

My middle name is "devious"

breeze

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

If they don't already have your home phone... call from a pay phone. No need to start collection calls.

If they already have it then no matter. You can tell them you'd prefer all correspondence be in writing. Course, to really make this stick you must really tell them that in writing ! (sent certified, rr requested)

12. nancy

nancy Active Member

I forgot to ask, when I call Popular Club what specifically do I ask? "Did they verify my information?" What information do I hve to give them? I don't want to give 'em more than I should. Do I give my name? Or do I give my SSN?

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Just your name. They should have all the rest. If they say they need your SSN, or proof of ID, ask them how they can put it on your report if they don't know for sure it's you.

If they say "how do we know who we're talking to?" tell them the CRA was sure enough of your identity to give you your credit report, how else would you know to call them.

But act kind of baffled and ditzy, not intelligent and wary, LOL.

Tell them they can send it to the address they have on record, then ask them to read you that address. ;) If they don't have it, you've probably got 'em.

what else can you think of? LOL

breeze