TU Nightmare Phone Call

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I had a supervisor today tell me a number of ridiculous things (although probably all true):

1. There is no such thing as evidence. You can not possibly produce something that will cause them to delete anything if the credit card company verifies.

2. They are not required to provide dates of delinquency even if they have them. So, if they want to say 2 30 day lates in the past 48 months without a date, they can or the charge-off occurred in 94 but paid off in 00 they can give only the 00 date if they feel like it. Scoring software be damned.

3. I am not looking at my credit report b/c she can see my report and the dates are all on there. (In direct contradiction to #2).

4. She can not see my score and no one who works there can either.

I think I might start drinking. . .

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To Concerned,

All the comments are ridiculous. TU conversations are usually recorded.

Did you call TU at 1-800-916-8800?

Jim

3. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

Concerned,

I had a regular phone rep tell me my Trans Union credit score. Call back and keep at them and get a free credit report sent to you for the mental duress the supervisor caused for you.

4. Concerned

Yep. I see no remedy really.

She told me that she would send out a new report clearly showing the "Closed on Date" which is supposedly the charge off date that I should have seen. I'll give that a week then maybe get the nerve to try someone else.

Am I crazy to think that IF they have the dates a 30 day late occurred that it should be clearly marked on the report as well as the date of a charge-off??

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I agree with Felice,

My score was given to me right over the telephone on Friday. You may have seen my thread.

Just saw your Lexington post. The Lex thread really bothers me. I wonder if TU gave you a hard time because TU was on to Lex disputing for you?

I am considering Lexington for a later time but...

Best regards - Jim

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Get this one... Last month I called TU about my credit report. They had no record of my SS# or my name in their records. My last TU report was the end of April. Hmmmmm

7. Saar

Saar Banned

That is a lie. The FCRA specifically requires them to consider any relevant material submitted by the consumer. And by law they must, I repeat, must, override creditor verifications if they have competent evidence to the contrary.

Saar

8. Concerned

Saar-FTC rep confirmed what you just said and referred me to the section and paragraph of the FCRA. On my other point about the dates, the rep told me (rather rudely) that the FCRA does not mandate any dates be listed on the report EXCEPT for the date of last activity. So, to make a long story short they can say 30 days past due without a date and scoring software will read the date of last activity. This was confirmed with a supervisor.

I feel that if the CRA KNOWS the date and does not add it, it falls under the "complete" information mandate of the FCRA but apparently the FTC disagrees.

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hi jamie!

!

breeze ;)

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Saar:

You are absolutely correct, but more importantly, why does anybody want to argue about such things when all the have to do is go get rid of the creditor completely and totally and eliminate the debt along with the creditor??

Then there is nothing left to argue about. The credit bureau can't verify the debt because it simply does not exist any longer. Poof! Gone! Result---Nothing for them to argue about. They can't report a debt against you that does not exist.

11. Concerned

These are zero balances we are discussing here.

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Concerned:

Are we talking about charge-offs only then?
    I thought we were talking about limits not reported correctly and dates not reported correctly, things like that.

I can see I'm getting a bit confused by reading and replying to a lot of posts.

Been a hot day here. Maybe the heat got to me today. (LOL)