TU Observation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, May 11, 2001.

1. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

As I noted earlier, TU did not delete any of the 4 items last diputed. Ugh. But I noticed something interesting. The area on the report that states verified as of date has old dates! I mean they are ALL showing the previous verification dates from previous disputes. I am starting to think they didn't even bother to send out verfication letters this round!

Geez, it just gets better and better.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I just checked my TU report that I received on Thursday. You're right. My disputed accounts show last updated 2/2001. And for the results of my disputes, it says new info below, but there is no new info. I think a phone call on Monday is warranted.

3. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

My brother successfully cleaned up his credit, and gave me this helpful tidbit: If the CRA verifies an item, re-dispute it WITH A DIFFERENT REASON. If you use the same reason, they don't have to verify it again.

4. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Concerned,

I know how difficult Trans Union is, especially if you live in the southwest where Credit Bureau Central handles disputes. I spent the course of one year back and forth on a collection account that should never have been listed in the first place. Their policy of mail only communication only compounds problems and adds to additional delays in handling the dipute. My advice to you is hang in there. It may take a year, but things will work out. Best of luck to you.

Sean

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

My TU stuff came back from an office here in Las Vegas. I never knew they had an office here.

6. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Dave,

They certainly do and it's more of a pain in the ass. I would much prefer to send the dispute to Springfield, PA then here. I fought with those people at Credit Bureau Central for one year over an account that was not ever delinquent (Nevada Power).
    The people at Credit Bureau central don't know their ass from a hole in the wall.

Sean

7. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever had a better response by sending their disputes or verification letters into another bureau than the one who serves their particular area?If you did try this, did they just forward it to the correct bureau or did they do the investigation themselves? I had heard somewhere that people were sending their disputes in to different places in order to confuse or prolong their response time.

8. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

I did with my dispute and it was sent back to Credit bureau Central in Las Vegas.

Sean

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

That's probably cause there ain't any difference!