TU Pissed me off...(long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jeff, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Jeff

Jeff Guest

I mailed TU two separate verification requests for two separate accounts in separate envelopes on the same day, ( this sadly boggles their mind later )certified, return receipt. I received both return receipts. They were both received and stamped the same day by TU.

Well over thirty days pass. One of the accounts in question is still on my report, not verified. I call TU and demand it be immediately deleted due to the fact over 30 days had passed since my provable request for verification of the account. TU tells me they never received this request. I provided by fax a copy of the letter I mailed and copies of both of the return receipts from the day both of my separate requests were received. I do this twice, several days apart to California and PA. Each fax included a demand they delete this account immediately. Today my demand for deletion was denied after PA received my fax.

Their response (phone) paraphrased: "Sorry Jeff, we didn't receive your letter so our investigation never began. We are sorry but there is nothing you can do about this. We are not required to delete in this situation because we didn't actually start the investigation. We weren't aware of your request. If we had started an investigation and not completed it within 30 days we would have to delete, that is not the case here. Your faxed copy of the letter you claim was mailed and proof that two items were in fact received by us, one of which we can find and one we can't is not good enough to actually prove you made a request for this additional investigation. We will start a new investigation for you now. We will even expedite this for you and call the CA to verify. This will take several days though. Call us again in a few more days."

I demanded that no new investigation be started because I fully intend on enforcing the one I requested some 40 days earlier. Additionally, I did not get an updated report for the verification they did complete ( and verified ) per my other request, nor did I receive the method, contact info. etc. requested in my verification demand.

I am going after the CA directly however after TU pulled this I want to force them to delete. I am so pissed.

Does anybody that has sued a CRA have any advice for me in this situation? Are they responsible for mail they sign for? Are there grounds for a suit at all?

Thanks.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I tend to think you can nail them pretty good.

Send me an email and I will give you the contact info for an attorney who deal with this kind of thing a lot. He takes consumer cases on a fee cntingency basis and I understand is pretty successful.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Good luck. You'll have to take it all the way to get what you want on this one... It would be much simpler to just let them run the investigation and forget about the fact they never started it the first time.

4. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

That's like saying that you were never 30 days late on a bill because you didn't receive the statement. I just sent some items to TU... fortunately I got a letter saying they'd rec'd but sent to my local TU office. So I have proof from THEM that they rec'd it.