TU Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Aug 20, 2001.

1. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

On my recent updated report from TU I got one deletion out of four disputes.

The account that was deleted states "Deleted" in the "Investigation Details" section. On my previously updated report I had two accounts that said "No longer on File." What is the difference between "Deleted" and "No Longer on File?" Is one a permanent deletion and the other semi permanent?

One of the accounts on the last report that was noted as "No Longer on File" has been reinserted. Same account number, the only difference is the updated date states 8/01. BTW I did not receive any notice of re-insertion from TU, I just happened to find out while reviewing the updated report I received on Saturday. I thought TU was known for doing hard deletes.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I got the same notification a couple of times, and I believe they were all from older accounts, accounts that were about to, or should have already "dropped off", due to the 7 year reporting limitation.

-Peace, Dave

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave, but that's not it. It is a good point, though. The account that was reinserted (previously removed and noted "No Longer on File") was opened in 1999 with date of last activity 7/00. The other account on the last updated report that now shows "Deleted" was opened in 1998 with date of last activity 7/00. These accounts were both included in BK7 in 2000. My guess and this is strictly a guess is a delete is actually a hard delete and a no longer on file a soft (if there is such a thing) delete. I have never seen "Deleted" on any report from TU, it is ususally "No Longer on File."

Maybe mine was a fluke? Anyone else?

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

It just happened to me today. I got my TU updated and the "Investigation Results" section says:

Civil Judgment.................DELETED
    Chapter 13 BK Filing.........NO LONGER ON FILE

BUT!! Within the report itself, sure enough the judgment is gone! (Cool!!!)

But the BK 13 is still showing.

All I can think of (and this may be really reaching), is that I know for a fact TU received the next round of disputes from Junum on Aug 13 and printed this update on Aug 17 -- a full 4 days after they'd already received the next dispute.

So, could it be that "no longer on file" means that this BK 13 is actually deleted in the next round, but was still on file when they printed this report I got today????

I'd like to know, so I'll know what to tell Junum to dispute next.

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Hope-Let us know what happens when you get your next updated TU. My disputes are being handled by Bradley Ross and I just sent my updated report to them a couple of days ago, so it will probably be a month and a half before I see what happens next. The account that was deleted, for now is deleted. The account that was supposedly "No longer on file" was off my file on the last update, but reinserted this time. However another account that was "No longer on file" after the last dispute is still off the report. We'll see if that one makes an appearance again.

It will be interesting to compare results.

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I'll keep you informed. My next update from TU is due in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm anxious to see if that file is actually deleted.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I have never had that but it will be interesting to find out. PU, er, TU is the worst for me...they don't make any sense. They used to be more, what's the word, reasonable..but it seems to be that in the last few months they have gotten even worse than the standard.