TU Refuses To Delete Duplicate TLs

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by merlin, Aug 10, 2003.

1. merlin

merlin Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is currently in the process of applying for a mortgage.

She has two separate negative TLs reporting on TU that are each reporting twice (for a total of four negative TLs).

She disputed with TU and it came back verified. She disputed a second time and it again came back verified. They will not let her dispute a third time. I have helped her write a procedural request to TU.

Additionally, I have advised her to contact the creditors and see if they can help her. Instead of sending a validation letter, I figure that a "you'll catch more flies with sugar than vinegar" approach might work -- hopefully she'll be lucky enough to get someone who will help her out. If they won't delete the duplicates, I think we're going to skip validation and go straight to an ITS letter to both TU and the creditors. She has disputed this twice, giving both the creditor and TU ample opportunity to examine these TLs and see that they are quite obviously duplicates (exact same account #, amount, dates, etc.).

As an aside, I just can't figure out if the employees at TU are truly stupid or if they are just complete and total jerks. I consistently get the stupidest information from their CSRs.

Anyway, please let me know if there is anything else we should be doing.

Thanks!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have had GREAT SUCESS with DRAWING THEM A PICTURE!!!

Print a copy...highlight the account(s) and say something like this is EXACTLY the same as the next account!!! DUPLICATE...draw arrows<----->WHAT-EVER IT TAKES...

The CRA "MIGHT" just GET THE PICTURE...they may really GET THE PICTURE AND GET RID OF BOTH...

GOOD LUCK

3. merlin

merlin Well-Known Member

Great! Thanks George!