TU Repair letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Apr 28, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

This is the second round for my husband and TU---but the first thru Junum. Today I FINALLY got a letter stating that they had received the dispute. They certainly give themselves plenty of time, don't they? Also, finally got to see that "credit repair agency" scare letter--very form letterish. Warning of investigations and that they'll forward your info for you is rather shady I think...it definitely alludes to much more then what they're really saying, which isn't much.

It's my first exposure to the letters and seeing proof that Junum really did do something so I thought I'd share.

AnnMarie

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I'd sure like to see the exact wording of that scare letter.

Bill Bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I have mine at my office. If no one posts it before Monday afternoon I'll post mine.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

It's TU again...They have been dropping this in many peoples dispute receipt verification letter "packet". I have heard of NOTHING resulting from the letter, only the scare tactic.

DaveLV I am interested, did you dispute before LEX or was that your first round? I ask because Ann wrote she did some disputing before Junum and got the scare letter...I had NO disputes prior to round 1 with Junum and I did not get the scare letter from TU. I guess I will find mine then in my round#2 Junum dispute :) -Dave

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nope. Never did any disputes on my own before Lex. I did do ChexSystems on my own a couple of weeks ago and got notice my entry was deleted yesterday. :)

Turns out I probably could have gotten that one off a lot sooner though. It was reported in early 1997. In 1998 the bank that reported me (Glendale Federal) merged with California Federal Bank. The notice I got from Chex yestarday said the item was removed at the request of Cal Fed. Now, I did have an account with Cal Fed at one time that was closed by me on good terms. They might have looked me up and saw only that account.

I probably could have gotten this deletion three years ago and saved my self a ton of grief. Oh well, live and learn.

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

My letter (actually my husband's) is in the car if I go out I'll get it. BUT what I find is interesting is that I disputed via phone my own credit report--no letter. Junum disputed DH's via written and got back the letter with the acknowledgement of an ongoing dispute. So--is everyone who disputes with a letter format now getting this?? Could be it's a policy stuffer.

Annmarie