TU report and score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I know someone mentioned you can order your report online to be mailed and also get your score for free, is this correct??

Curious b/c ATT pulled TU for our long distance, like we needed another inquiry :( So I called the automated system and ordered a report, just wondering if he will receive the score b/c this is a free report??

Thanks

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got a notice that AT&T pulled my TU as a result of switching long distance service too. When I got a copy of my report it turned out to be a soft inquiry.

When you get yours, let me know if that's the case for you too, please.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey dave,

Just checking notworthknowing.com, there is no hard inquiry so I assume it was soft.

But this letter I got today stated he had a "CREDIT LIMIT" on his long distance. I have never heard of such a thing, apparently this is why the cr was done. Is this something new???????

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got the same letter saying I had a credit limit of $200 for long distance. Not that I care a lick because I use www.onesuite.com for long distance and just need AT&T to be able to dial their 800 number. My total long distance bill to AT&T each month is a big fat zero.

I thought it was something odd and new when I got the letter in the mail as well. I don't know if the other major long distance folks do this.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave, yes he got 200 too and I know his TU was 656 last month, so I have no idea what the limit means or is about. I always pay my LD monthly, didn't see a need for a credit limit?? Oh well free report and hoping maybe score, but I doubt it.

6. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

So what do you do if you make $250 worth of calls in one month?? They cut off the LD phone service. You can't dial out?

How on earth does that work??? Weird. I just use my free long distance on my cell phone. I signed up for the most expensive LD with ATT. It has NO service fee for the month. Last month my bill was $0.