TU response letter...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by KHM, Oct 22, 2001.

1. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I disputed a bunch of inquiries online with TU, they sent a generic letter stating that they have passed this off to the 'local bureau'. Is this just a letter to buy them some time? It also says in the future to contact the local bureau directly regarding my file. Does this mean that if I dispute online again they'll ignore it?
    KHM

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHO KNOWS...THEY MAKE THEIR OWN RULES...AND ANSWER TO NO ONE!!!

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Have you never disputed with TU before? If so, what was there response?

If your area is serviced by a local affiliate, you'll have to work future investigations through the local method. I would think that they would not ignore anything you sent to the national offices of TU via mail or online, but that it would all get forwarded to the local affiliate.

4. KHM

KHM Well-Known Member

I have disputed with them before but I have always sent it CRRR, this is the first time I have done it online. I have spoken to the people at the 'local office' and they are VERY rude. Hopefully they'll take off those inquiries.
    KHM

5. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I disputed inquires on wifes account..They sent me a letter basicly saying they don't do that to contact the creditor who put them on.. But Experian has deleted like atleast 6 or so usinf CE...

6. donna8284

donna8284 Well-Known Member

My disputes were handled my the affiliate bureau here in FL up until about 2 months ago when I started disputing online. I received a letter saying thank you for your correspondence regarding your TU report. So on and so on.... your request is being handled by our eastern region consumer relations center (Chester, PA) Please send any future correspondence to that office. There was a second letter also saying we received your request on 9/19 it will be concluded in 30 days and you will receive an updated report by 11/03. Hhhhmm...45 days?? I called the 800 number to try and check the status and after entering my zip code it gave me the local affiliates number to call. So I called them - they told me they don't handle my file and to call TU back. However it still states on my recent reports to send all correspondence to the local affiliate?????? I either dispute online now or send CRR to PA address and I still receive 2 letters whenever I dispute saying same as above and allowing 45 days on the disputes.