TU response to my letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Aug 20, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I got the same standard form letter replies today regarding my offer to settle prior to lawsuit. They are the same letters I received last time. The we cannot reinsert accounts unless the creditor verifies blah blah bs. I am filing the lawsuit tomorrow.

In re: experian- the assistant was supposed to call me today about what they found concerning a deletion that was reinserted. No call. I called back and spoke to the mgr. He said the only it could have been reinserted was if the account # had changed, which it didn't, or if the creditor certified the info correct. I asked who certified it - guess what - no info. They are next.

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

have fun !

Tell us how quickly they capitulate after getting served. ;)

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I'll be honest Marie, I know I have a case against experian, but I'm not real sure about tu. The issues, once more, center on the info they gave me for verifying an entry. The address and phone they gave is for U.S.District, not Bankruptcy ct. and they deleted my car loan even though the lender updated it at least 4 times since May as pays as agrees, never late. They refuse to reinsert ti saying it must be reported by the creditor, even though it has been.
    What do you think? I'm not getting cold feet, and I am filing, I just wonder how far I'll get with just those violations.

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Yes, please let us know TU's response. Like I said previously, TU is not taking you seriously. Let's see how they react once they are served. These CRA's think we are at their mercy...NOT!

You stick to your guns and I know you will prevail!

5. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

LKH,

I'm thinking file, and see what happens. I've got a rock solid one against Equifax, a little less solid case against TU, and a pretty thin one against Experian.

Truth be told, I'm not prepared to fight them or present any real documentation or evidence, other than their lame responses to my request for verification procedures. My mother was in and out of surgery last month, my father going in this month. I simply don't have the energy or time to do this in an all out manner.

But, I will be filing Monday anyway, and holding my breath hoping for a deletion and settlement. If that doesn't happen, I may try for a postponement to actually prepare, or just drop it the day of court. Basically, I'm bluffing. It might be abusing the system somewhat, but at this point it's about all I've got or can deal with. Worse case I figure, I have to drop it and wait until May for the last derog to drop off on it's own.

Good Luck,

Dan

6. Saar

Saar Banned

LKH,

Call TU a couple more times. Ask them to "re-add" the account they had deleted. Tell them the creditor has tried to re-insert, but it didn't go through because TU had already cloaked (hard deleted) the item.

Worked for me, but it may take a few more tries to get an understanding rep.

(I doubt there's a case here for a lawsuit against TU)

Saar

7. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

If a credit card company overcharged 5 million customers 1/2 cent per month, they would make an extra $300,000 per year.

And if there are even minute errors on 200 million credit reports, the aggregate inaccuracy is high. Please, hang in there.

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I just discovered another violation while looking thru my TU reports. In May they deleted my auto loan (the original- it was refinanced) after I disputed the 30 day lates. On that same report, they readded it by changing 1 number on the account. They made no comment about this on my report. Per the FCRA they are supposed to advise you when a deleted item is reinserted. So basically what they did was delete it, change 1 number in the account number and reinsert it with no notice to me.

9. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Clarify if you will.

A creditor of yours IS trying to reinsert an account for you that TU deleted by accident?

THey've tried several times to reinsert with no lucK?

If so, that's a nice violation.

Do I understand it correctly?

IF so, TU's error cost you a positive tradeline, cost you score points... and therefore their incompetence is causing you a diminished profile and score???

Have the creditor write you a letter confirming their trying to reinsert.
    IF you get that, there's no need to keep playing TUs reindeer games anymore.

You have the right idea that... once you've tried once or twice what else are you to do but file?

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Exactly. They have now faxed the UDF to Trans Union 4 times and returned their card by mail once and still they won't budge.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Try having the creditor write a letter on letterhead with the account number and signed.

It worked for me once.....

12. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

(singing)

You're once
    twice
    4 times a lawsuit..

13. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I recall many years back watching a documentary, like dateline or so about one of the major cra's being sued. The whole dramatization was surreal. Who work at these cra's? Are they just as lay as we are concerning credit? It seems they are more lay than we are. How impeccable are their credit reports? I wonder.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

At the moment, I am corresponding with employees of Equifax, Fair Isaac, and a big collection agency, re cleaning up their credit. They are clueless. They don't even know the FCRA and FDCPA exist, and they have to read and correspond from work because that's the only place they have a computer and internet access. They can't register or post anywhere because of fear of losing their jobs over it.

breeze