TU says I'm using Lexington Law....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by snakeman, Sep 12, 2003.

1. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

I received the classic "we believe you are using a credit repair agency......often times these agencies dispute known facts.......we think your request is frivolous and therefore we will not investigate."

What should I do now?

SnakeMan

2. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

Dear TU,

Given the fact that the collective IQ of every person employed by TU is likely lower than my FICO score, I'm beginning to understand why you send the idiotic letters that you do.

Frankly, I don't care what your opinion is, it is irrelevant. I suggest you folllow the law or I will pursue all options afforded to me by the FCRA.

Consumer Joe

How's that? LOL

3. chrisb

chrisb Well-Known Member

Re: TU says I'm using Lexington Law

Dear TU,

I am appauled that you accused me of using a credit repair agency. I used my legal right to ask you to investigate an item on my credit report because the item is (not mine, incorrect, duplicate, exc.). This letter is not additional information required for you to do was is legally required of you, so you still have 30 days from reciept of my request to investigate or delete. I will be awaiting the results of your investigation on XX/XX/03.

Thank you for your time.

Snakeman

Question,
    Is this something that you've disputed several hundred times? Or is this the second or third time you've disputed it? The "Frivilous" thing is just to cover their butts so you supposedly can not sue. If this is one of those things where you know the CA has nothing to validate with and have gotten to the point of them verifying with the CRA but not sending you any valid proof you might need to get ready to go to the next step, send copies of the proof after this investigation has expired along with the letter (I don't know where it is but there was the letter to send to the CRA along with your proof) then let them claim that investigation request frivilous, then ITS them, then file suit.

ChrisB

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Don't worry about their letter. They send the "we believe you're using a credit repair agency" letter to many people, and often they are doing their own credit repair.

They're just trying to get to you. Either ignore it or write a letter like the one above, saying that they're still on their 30-day clock.

Letters from Lexington or any of the others are made to look like they're coming from you. They don't know who is using a credit repair company, they're just fishing.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TRANS UNION IS FRIVOLOUS

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

7. tiff10

tiff10 Member

what's the guys name? do you know his number?
    I got this cousin in Jersey.....

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Where does it say you loose your rights if you use a credit repair company?

9. MandyB

MandyB Well-Known Member

You don't!

10. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

I suggest that those who get the "credit repair company" letter write and say:

Thank you for your letter, however I do not use, nor do I need a "credit repair service".

If I were able to locate an ERROR REPAIR SERVICE to assist me in repairing the mistakes YOUR company has made on my reports, I would certainly consider using them.

11. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: TU says I'm using Lexington Law....

BUT: The CRAs seem to think so !

12. snakeman

Actually now that I have had time to think about it, I don't care what they say about using a CRO.

Fact is, I will continue to send out my dispute letters as i receive my green cards back from my validate letters.

When time gets its chance to do its thing, I will have loads upon loads of violations to take to court. Regardless of how they respond, I will document everything down to what color my stool was that day.

I don't like saying it here, never know who could be reading this but, I am sending out disputes for every single collection on all my bureaus, and am doing it all at the same time.

Screw "the magic number". I'm going all out, all or nothing. This will make them send out more frivolous letters which is fine by me. With the validate letters in my pocket, they will soon follow suit.

I got nothing,

SnakeMan

13. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

IMHO, you need to address that letter with a response. The FCRA is very vague on frivolous. If you don't respond saying they are stupid, etc. and that you expect that investigation to be completed on XX/XXX (30 days from receipt), they are gonna be sorry, then you *might* not have a leg to stand on down the road. This is just my opinion, haven't heard of any court cases either way.

3) Determination that dispute is frivolous or irrelevant.

(A) In general. Notwithstanding paragraph (1), a consumer reporting agency may terminate a reinvestigation of information disputed by a consumer under that paragraph if the agency reasonably determines that the dispute by the consumer is frivolous or irrelevant, including by reason of a failure by a consumer to provide sufficient information to investigate the disputed information.

14. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Jlynn's right.

Slow down Snakeman.

15. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

File a suit under FCRA saying "no, I wasn't - and the credit repair agency I wasn't using you isn't suing you either - I am."

16. snakeman

You say slow down but let me ask you this; Have you ever heard of anyone who has done what I'm about to do and has failed miserably?

I plan on responding, sending, respond, send, until it gets to the point that all the collections have somehow been "fused" together through their continuance of sending frivolous letters or by them just not responding at all. Not forgetting that I will also hold all the evidence that no court in the country could just look the other way at. Of course I will accept deletions in lieu of any money judgment.

I have a good feeling that this may work. This is not a back door approach. I am embarking on a full scale attack of the CRA's and the CA's. When the time does come when they no longer are being "helpful", I will emerge the victor!

17. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Your theory is fine, but you still have to address this specific accusation or they win this round!

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"Your assertion that I am using a CRO is 'FRIVOLOUS' "

19. snakeman

Yes, I know. I did reply with a letter used for "frivolous" response. But I was saying I'm still sending out others (validate/dispute) as if it didn't matter.

SnakeMan

20. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: TU says I'm using Lexington Law....

That is the exact right thing to do. :)