TU scores?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newstdt, Oct 2, 2001.

1. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

TU Scores

I know they don't mean much, but before my disputes I had a 631, now it went up to 669. This means squat right?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: TU Scores

Close to it... TU consumer score is not used by a single creditor.... It's not their FICO!

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That's cause that wonderful new law didn't say which score they had to supply to consumers.

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I am sure over 75% of the people don't know the difference and think this is the score lenders see. I know I would have before I started my credit education.

I guess the TU score is no more misleading than that Blousant commerical that claims it can make your breasts larger. (I still can't get my wife to order it to make sure it doesn't work!) HAHA!

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

So very true Breeze:) And also lets remember TU gives you the score for FREE, now that's a sure sign it's bogus. Also some of their reasoning codes are not listed with the major bureaus scoring factors hmmmmmmmm. They are just trying to fool and keep the consumers happy but we know better don't we LOL

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I AM SICK. SICK OF SCORES

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Sorry...

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They're all bogus, IMO.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

that's why they shouldn't be on a report.

10. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

Which score is the most accurate? I usually get a free score from eloan every 6 weeks and it is usually about 30 points more than my Equifax score!

cariba

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

THE ONLY ONE that is a FICO score produced from your Equifax report at www.myfico.com

12. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

bkev,

Thanks. My myfico score is 697--anybody got extra FICO points to sell?!!!! If it were only that easy!

cariba

13. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Just to throw it out there.....

Does anyone REALLY know if MyFico is selling the REAL score, or if it is a fake one like CreditExpert?

14. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

oooowwww.

My head hurts....

Is My Fico Equifax and Credit Expert Experian?

I can never remember who's who.

15. marci

marci Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the Equifax MyFico (i.e. Scorepower) score is inaccurate and not the score a lender would see. This is based on my twice comparing reports generated within minutes of each other, one from the lender, the other from MyFico - and noting a huge discrepancy between the two.

I haven't purchased a MyFico score since...

16. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

MYFICO score and the lender's score was one and the same. Hubby's lender score was 7 points higher than his MYFICO score. Personally, I think their random numbers, kinda of like the lottery. You know its rigged, but you play anyway.

Dani

17. lbrown59

none of the scores are accurate including F I C O!

18. lbrown59

Hain't no such thing!