TU sent me someone's TU file #

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by xyz, Sep 16, 2003.

1. xyz

xyz Member

When Trans Union attempting to notify me that two accounts, which were deleted over 18 months ago, were being reinserted, the letter was addressed to somebody else with another person's Trans Union file number. As I wrote earlier, TU attached the letter to my credit report that Trans Union sent Next Day mail right before my court date

Trans Union wrote:

Trans Union deleted the information you disputed on your credit report because the source of the information did not respond to our investigation within the 30-day limit (per the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act). The disputed information has now been verified and reinserted in your credit report. If the results of our investigation have not resolved your dispute, you may wish to contact the source of the information directly.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact TransUnion at the address shown below, or visit us on the web at www.transunion.com for general information. When contacting our office, please provide your current file number XXXXXXXXX
    (The file number is the same as the file number at the top of the letter and appears to be this other person's Trans Union file number).

2. xyz

xyz Member

Bump

3. RichC

RichC Well-Known Member

Not sure what you are looking for here. Did they provide you with the information about who verified and caused the information to be re-inserted? If not, that's a violation of FCRA. Are the tradelines bogus? If so, go after the originators since they are violating the law (I assume you contacted them about the faulty information.)

If they are valid, you got caught. Nobodys violated any laws (except as described above).