TU success but scores still sucks!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Aug 27, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok, I got results of dispute and tax lien was deleted. Happy! .

But my TU score is till 570. I have a late from the rehabiliating perkins loan which comes off 10/01. And the discover charge off which was NEVER on Transunion is now on TU. But that is due off 9/01. Other than that my report is good. But I do know of one other problem. I think TU reports my TU 3 times ..the balances that is. I remember during the mortgage process, the lender asking me if I owed a quarter million in student loans...and I was like WTF? He was referring to TU. I never took the time to verify that. But that could be contributing to my loan scores because of balances and debt ratios. I am just thinking. I was hoping the tax lien removing would bring my score back up to the 600's which is where it was before it was placed. Maybe it will take a few cycles with them to go up? OK, thanks for your time.! BYE!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congratulations, roni! Those suckers reporting student loans 3 times will certainly skew the scores. That is a bitch.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Great job Roni!

I get the feeling that getting judgments, etc. off of TU is really easy. I have a local TU office and they don't take the time to verify hardly anything. They just delete and that can be a bad thing in some cases.....like how they deleted my 9 year Macy's trade because they didn't verify information! :-(

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!

Congratulations Roni, after next month you will have better success with credit aps once that Perkins and Discover fall off for good!!...I also think you are correct about your thrice reported loans draggin yu down this whole time...glad the broker was able to work that out.

-Peace, Dave