TU Success!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Apr 23, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi Everyone,

What a great way to start my day!

Called Trans Union this morning and spoke to a representative. I asked her if there were any investigations recently completed or on going. I was told that there was an investigation that was just completed on the 19th.

I found out that my one and only negative account, MBNA, was DELETED... yeah! How I went about getting it deleted was actually quite sweet!

I also found out that one of my 14 inquires (from the past 12 months) was deleted also. Thank you BBB!

Now I have only positive accounts on my TU:
    Capital one Visa
    Capital one Mastercard
    Providian Visa
    Speigal Charge
    14 Student Loans (not in repayment yet)
    Friedmans Installment sales contract
    ***ALL IN EXCELLENT STANDING, NEVER LATE****

Im still working on getting the other 13 inquries deleted. Or atleast most of them.

Should I wait out the summer and get as many inquries on TU removed as possible?

Do I need to add any more credit to this file to help increase my score?

Is there anyway that I can get my Trans Union credit score?

Have a great day
    PSUgirl

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

You are having such an awesome day! Congrats on the clean file!

I don't think you need to worry about adding to your history, except credit limit increases :) Too many new accounts will lower your score I believe.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get your TU score without an inquiry from a bank. <sigh> At least not now. Hopefully some day soon

Kelly

3. Scott

Scott Guest

Deleting inquiries older than 90 days will not increase your scores. Deleting inquiries is also one of the toughest disputes to pull off unless you've got well documented evidence of identity theft or something similar.

Scott

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I have successfully deleted inquiries. I suppose it depends on how you word the request. I asked for the CRA to verify with the creditor that I signed an application for credit which resulted in the inquiry, the inquiry was successfully deleted.

5. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I am horrified that I have 16 on my new Trans Union! This is NOT so!!! I didn't even want credit and didn't care about my report until these unjust Dr.s bills cropped up. That prompted me to get a copy of my reports and came here to seek advise and one led to another and now I think I'd addicted to cleaning things up! LOL!! I can honestly say that half of these hard inquireies were not made by me!! Can I dispute them and hope to get them removed? There is about one a month for the whole year of 2000.

I keep getting more and more questions! I hope you guys don't get tired of my ignorance!

Carrie

6. newbie

newbie Guest

PSU Girl/How did you do it?

Hi,
    I would like to know how you got the MBNA deleted. I have a charged off account from 1997 with them. Thanks!

7. FoolEugene

FoolEugene Member

Scott?

Why do you say that deleting inquiries older than 90 days will not increase your scores, if the inquiries within at least the last 6 months are taken into account by FICO and lower the score?