TU understands validation real well

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bbauer, May 29, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I just got an e-mail from a student of mine and in it he says he got the following reply to his demand for validation from Trans Union.
    I just got a letter from TransUnion after requesting validation of MBNA.

They stated:

" If you would like to obtain documentation or written verification concerning your accounts you will need to contact the creditors involved directly."

This is the first time any CRA has said anything in regards to Validation. They did state in an accompanying letter they will investigate as usual.

What do you think?. Are they starting to realize the difference between "Verify" and "Validate"?
    Looks like one of my predictions turned out to be true.
    These companies are usually very quick to spot such things and move to circumvent what we are trying to do.

Also, the reply seems to "validate" another one I just started espousing a couple of days ago, and that is that our fight is best aimed at the source of the problem, not the reporter of the problem.

How long will it take these collection agencies to get wise to the new "tricks"???

Not all that long, I'll bet.

Then even more new strategies will have to be developed and that isn't going to be easy to do.