TU vs. Truecredit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by keltexx, Oct 6, 2001.

1. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I received my Truecredit TU based score on Wed-it was 564. I just received my latest TU dispute, which gives a possible score range of 150-934. My score, according to TU, is 638. Worthknowing is 5.

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

true credit uses creditexpert, so shouldn't it be pulling experian?

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

True credit does NOT use Credit Expert.

It uses something called CreditXpert for it's scoring. It's CreditXpert scoring is not the same as Credit Experts scoring.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: TU vs. Truly strange

My TU score is 615. My worthnothing score is 32. Sounds reliable, huh?

Go figure.

5. keltexx

Yeah...Truecredit uses "X" pert as opposed to "Ex" pert...and the irony is that it had gone down several points since a month or so ago...

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I just did the True Credit thing out of curiousity since they're using TU and I am baffled why my TU score is so low. True Credit didpull TU, same info, gave me a score of 683. The real TU score - the one they sent me in the mail, was 615.

7. keltexx

One other thing-noticed that TU can't seem to get the "closed by consumer" versus "closed by credit grantor" thing right as well.

Grr...

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

MORE INFORMATION... from their website...

The CreditXpert Credit Score(tm) is calculated based on many of the same criteria considered by the leading consumer credit scoring companies, producing in most cases a consumer credit score that duplicates or closely approximates the typical consumer credit score utilized by banks, mortgage lenders, and loan companies when determining creditworthiness. CreditXpert(tm) is not connected in any way with Fair, Isaac and Company; the CreditXpert Credit Score(tm) is not a so-called FICO score. Neither CreditXpert Inc. nor Neuristics LLC represent that the CreditXpert Credit Scores(tm) are identical in every respect to any consumer credit scores produced by any other company.

Doesn't matter.... IT'S NOT A FICO SCORE! I do think that their reports are TU based for single, all three for MERGED, but this score IS based on Experian information.... NOT TU.

9. keltexx

The report that I got from Truecredit says, directly under my name, that the source is Transunion.

10. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I get both Experian and Trans Union reports from them.

I don't really need the Experian one now that I have Experian's credit manager, but I paid for them a while back and still have 3 left.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

just a credit report or a score report?

12. keltexx

Both. You can get score and report.