TU won't give me a report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gmaof1, Sep 23, 2003.

1. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

I tried the search and could not come up with anything so here goes -
    I called TU and tried to get a copy of my credit report and the recording said they won't give me one as I have a account in dispute.
    Is this the norm?

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Sounds like their newest trick to torment us. I tell you, they are on to us :)

I'm just plain nosy here. Any particular reason you need it now, rather than at the end of your dispute?

Have you tried pulling it thru worthknowing.com?

3. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

It's not that important that I get it today, although yesterday time was up for a few CA's, having not listed as disputed, never heard from, yet I believe still reporting.
    I was not aware of worthknowing.com. I'll try there.
    Can you tell me if privacy guard would have accounts listed as disputed?

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Did you know there is no specific time frame in the FCRA or FDCPA of when they have to mark it in dispute?

5. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

I'm learning more each day! I was under the impression that they had to mark it as in dispute within the 30 day time frame - same timeframe as dispute or validation request under the FCRA
    I know that a CA does not have to validate, as long as they quit reporting and quit attempting to collect, at least I thought I knew that. Is that incorrect also?

6. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

From the FCRA:

(3) Duty to provide notice of dispute. If the completeness or accuracy of any information furnished by any person to any consumer reporting agency is disputed to such person by a consumer, the person may not furnish the information to any consumer reporting agency without notice that such information is disputed by the consumer.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS A FRIVOLOUS REASON

Try www.worthknowing.com (FREE)