Tuesday Mail Call

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

We haven't done this for a while, and thought it may be good for Dogmans Good Week.

In my mailbox:

Preselected offer from Capital One. It came in like a fake Fed Ex package with the senders and recipient's name hand written in. All I have to do is put my SSN, phone number and signature on it and mail it by November 9th to get the Gold Card.

TERMS:

APR: Fixed 0.0% through April 2002 with go to of 19.8%
    25 day Grace
    Annual Fee: $39.
    Cash Advance fee: 3% or $5 whichever is less than the $5
    Late Payment Fee: $29
    Over Limit Fee: $29
    Balance Transfer Fee: $0

Ok, I have been denied by them for the secured card and am afraid to apply for a non-secured product from them. Last time I had a buttload of inquiries on Experian and now I only have 1 (insurance) in the last 8 months. Are my odds pretty good for getting this card? I think my CE score is around 580.

2. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

In my mailbox:

Pre-approved First National Bank Gold card
    Apr 9.9%
    Processing fee, annual fee, participation fee, etc....
    In the trash it went.

JCP catalog: Whoopeee, time for Christmas shopping for the kids

Bills: Can't seem to get rid of those.

3. mother2

Hmmmm Erica....this is a hard decision. What does your gut instinct tell you. IMO, if I really don't need the card, or have too many inquiries at the moment I would wait until after the first of the year. Then start applying again. Sorry I couldn't be much help....I'm in the same boat as you right now....I'm in the back peddling. =oD

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I just checked Credit Expert and the results are:

no inquiries since March (Capital One declined me), 9 Positive Trades including the FCNB I haven't gotten yet, 6 Derogs (all but 1 is paid, Unpaid one is CA for Discover, Charged off in 1997).

My gut instinct tells me that I do need another card, one that is unsecured, but they declined me before. I know they only check Experian and the way the brochure reads, they won't check credit again until they do an AR. Besides if I get declined again, there's always Mr. Cooke at PFB, right?

5. mother2

This is true. PF seems to be a big help. I say go for it then. You have nothing to lose....except a point here or there. (just joking)

I have a lot of inquiries. So I must wait until next year. I really want to pay off Orchard Bank and just close the account. I should have NEVER accepted them. But again....I learn from my mistake.

I can't wait to get rid of Providian. They really suck now. I can't combine my 2 cards nor can I get them to increase my limit. Then when I ask to lower my apr....NO it's already at its lowest. BS 16.9% is not the lowest they can go. I know that much!

I just received my citi AA with 1k. My first prime card. I wish I had a bigger cl so I can do bt.

Good Luck Erica....I right behind you...making my way out of subprime hell....by any means necessary!!!

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

At least you got a citi. I'm afraid to apply. I can't negotiate worth anything. ANyways, get another citi to get rid of providian if you have to. You already have 1, so......

Good luck to you too. You are far ahead of me. :)

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

You'll get it - go for it!

MY mail doesn't show for another couple of hours!
    Do it E - this is a GOOD WEEK!
    Sam got his Audi - Chele got her TL!

Dogman got a couple of new jokes ! LOL - DO IT!
    Dog

8. mother2

Naaa, I would love to get another citi card but I have too many inquiries. I'll probably have to wait until Jan 2002.

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I also got not 1 but 2 offers from cap one for their gold card , the second one was in that bogus priority mail package LOL, I will send them something lovely in the return envelope.

Hubby got an "approved" application for the chase platinum card, there was no pre in front of it, however it asked for all the standard info so I don't think we will bother. They usually pull TU and he has that paid collection on there:(

10. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Re: Whoa...Momof 3

....be careful what you mail(smile).

Sister Girl

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The water bill.

Mom - an entry into AmEx's special sweepstakes for magazine purchasers. LOL.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

mother2
    JCP catalog: Whoopeee, time for Christmas shopping for the kids
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got a post card for a free one....
    I went to the store and picked it up.
    I picked up my catalogue order...25% off + $10.00 off, I made out like a bandit...

Also 25% off in store till 10/20/2001...

13. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I called in the Cap One offer and they said they will let me know in 30 days. What the hell is that?

14. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I got:
    -cable bill.
    - HMO catalogue (time of the year to make changes). Whoopee!!

The best was my JCB card. I received it today and it is impressive. The website does not do justice. I can't wait to use it to see what kind of looks I get. Most people do not even know what it is. :)

15. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Nothing for me today(frown).

Miles....I know what that card is & you aren't to be messed with(lol.....so proud of you).

Sister Girl

16. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

- Cell Phone statement
    - Capital One Balance Transfer 'checks'
    - Circuit City propoganda
    - Details magazine
    - 'Mostly Irish' Catalog

Still no Plat Cap One...still in transit somewhere.....

Shawn

17. miles

miles Well-Known Member

LOL. Thanks Sistergirl. :-D