turned down auto loan 789 score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by maryocon, Aug 27, 2003.

1. maryocon

maryocon Active Member

I just got turned down by Peoplefirst for a auto loan with high credit scores. 747/749/789. I have a 22 year credit history but I have no history for 8 out of the last 10 years. Most of the good credit fell off, including paid off mortgages. I'm waiting for them to send me a letter to tell me why they turned me down. It seems that they couldn't even get me one of the custom loans from another lender. SCORES aren't everything it seems.

2. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

THEY NEVER HAVE BEEN FOR SOME COMPANIES, CITIBANK FOR ANOTHER EXAMPLE

3. wlewisj

wlewisj Well-Known Member

Try your local bank. Or, get a CC to establish a more recent credit history. But, that is odd.
    Willis

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

You might search on "black list", or "black listed". You would be surprised at some OC's that hold grudges forever.

5. Calypso

Calypso Well-Known Member

When I recently purchased my new car, I thought about using People First, but changed my mind when they couldn't tell me their scoring rules. Their website promised the "lowest rates" for the people with the "best credit" but since they wouldn't define "best credit" I moved on.

My credit union pre-approved me at 4.75 and then the dealer beat that at 4.39.

Your post makes me REALLY happy I didn't go with PF. That's ridiculous!

6. maryocon

maryocon Active Member

I think I may be on their blacklist for a paid but negative account I had in 1995 and is no longer on my credit report. It will be real interesting to get their letter to see what their excuse is.