TU's response to my valid. letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cosjef, Jul 23, 2001.

1. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

What should I send in response to this FORM letter from TU? They were responding to my certified mail validation letter asking them to "Please provide me with the address, telephone number and name of the company representative whom you contacted at HRS/CompUSA to verify this account, and the date in which the verification took place." Do I have room to "bust" them here? Here is the letter I got back. What should I do?

"Dear Consumer,

TU's procedure for investigating disputed information is to contact, by mail or electronic means, the source of the informaiton. Each source is advised of your dispute and any other relevant information you provide, and is requested to verify the accuracy and/or completeness of the information reported.

Once the verification responses are received, the disputed information is updated accordingly. Any changes made are reflected on the updated credit file that is sent to you at the conclusion of our investigation. If you have any questions, please contact the creditors directly.

The addresses and telephone numbers (if available) that you requested are show below."

HRS/CompUSA
    POB
    Bridgewater, NJ

2. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

That is the exact letter I received from Trans Union before I went to my local magistrate! To add insult to injury, one of their csr's told me they have 30 days to get me the information I requested.

I went to my local magistate after I hung up with him. Needless to say, a week later I received an updated report with all negative information removed!

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I got pretty much the same response from EX on my FUSA account. What a crock! What don't they understand. Provide me with the proof that the account was verified. Someone verified it if it indeed was verified. The account just didn't verify itself. I think the process of verification section in the FCRA is just a little too vague. It should state that if an account has been verified then upon the request of the consumer proof of verification must be provided. Better yet, upon the completion of a verification just include a copy of the proof whether the actual letter sent to the creditor or some form stating the CRA contacted the creditor and the contact person at the creditor with the updated report. Boy would that be a pain in the back for the CRA's if they actually were required to provide that for every dispute!

Right now I have decided to try to deal with the actual creditor in my case. What I might do if I were you is to send another cert. letter stating "who is your contact at the creditor that verified this." I am sure someone else here on the board such as Lizardking may have a better method as to what to do next. Just keep your paper trail.

4. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Terry,

What type of complaint did you file at the magistrate, and what did you do then? Send them a copy, have them served, or what?

Any help appreciated. I just got back the certified RR for my validation letters to TU and EX and want to nail 'em as quick as I can. They've got 13 more days......

Dan

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE...some people have actually got to talk to the ONE person that can make changes to accounts and verify, and they were told NOBODY EVER CONTACTED THEM IN ANY WAY ABOUT THE ACCOUNT!!!

6. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Terry--I guess I don't know exactly what it means to "go to my local magistrate." Can you describe in detail the steps you took? I need to follow them.

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Experian told me that there is no one person that verifies the account. At least that is what they told me about FUSA. I think they are full of it though.

8. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I also received that same letter from Trans Union. I disputed and item that I had disputed back in April and apparently they didn't re-investigate because I received that same letter and only that letter (no updated report or that page that says "new information below").

I now have a letter from that company saying that whatever is being reported by them is invalid. I called the company in dispute the same day I called TRans Union to check on the status of my dispute.

Should I send a copy of the letter from the company with an intent to sue to Trans Union? Can someone post a sample intent to sue letter? Thanks.