U D P A T E : denials, denials ...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Sep 2, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I was denied by ALL creditors during my little ... post settlement application party. ALL of them pulled TU even though I now have a NJ address. Here is the list:

Radioshack (how embarrasing)

Fleet (pulled experian and TU)

Eddie Bauer (TU for FCNB)

Bank of America (ugh 3 for 3 denials)

AMEX (pulled equifax which is clean but said balances were screwy and recent inquiries in 6 mos)

I quess my new address didnt help much. But, this girl is working on cleaning up that TU report now. The tax lien is officially gone now so I will chill on applications for a while until TU is NICE like Ex and EQ. That is just my little update. Thanks for listening.

2. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

So sorry roni, it's a gloom day for me to "DENIED" by amex. Drats I was so in hope but there is always another day( ya know to work on deletions) then repapply. LOL. So roni how is the new home? Beautifully decorated I suppose.

mindy

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

dont feel bad i got an ass of denials too :)

isn't it about time for a new citi card to combine roni?

i hear citi is having a sale on gold AA cards right now.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It is getting there mindylou. I bought those nice shades and the installer has taken forever to come out. I am exposed to the world....lol

I found the perfect couch for the living room....cranberry of course......custom-made 7 weeks...oh the waiting......

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hey SAM,

what is that 301 # for citi.????

6. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Sorry Roni.....!!!!

But... You still sound happy to be in your new home ;-) The couch sounds NICE...!!!

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Roni, here's the Citi number 1-301-733-5501 . Sorry about your denials, but get back on the wagon and wait a bit, do you hear me!!!!!!

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I hears ya! DANG!

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Sorry roni-girl, but it's just a little plateau on the way up. :)

10. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

What do the written denials say?

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

All the ones from TU say: "YOU MUST BE KIDDING".

FCNB: no reason just said call TU

Bof A and Radioshack said:

*too many credit inquiries,
    *number of accounts opened in last 12 months, *outstanding balances on accounts and
    *unacceptable dept store high credit amounts.

all true. the tax lien is off so the credit isnt bad but like i said before my balances are screwy. oh well. better luck next time and I am working on these items. I dont want radioshack anyway.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I always get "TOO MANY OPEN ACCOUNTS WITH BALANCES"

DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

It is open.
    I'm going to use it.
    It will have a balance.
    I will pay it off.

HOW IS CREDIT SUPPOSED TO WORK???
    OPEN IT, DON'T USE IT???
    ONLY HAVE 2 OR 3 ACCOUNTS???

13. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Hey Roni, You should open a Po Box in FL and place a mail forward to NJ... JeJe!. All creditors pulls Equifax here. I have like 20 inquires in the last 6 months all on Equifax.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FCNB: no reason just said call TU
    ------------------------------------------------------

They HAVE to give a reason or they violated the law.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Also they always say the CRA did NOT deny you...the CREDIT CARD COMPANY DENIED YOU with the report made by the CRA.

16. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Roni, cheer up a little. And I really was joking in the chat room. I am what the call a class clown.

leo

17. sam

sam Well-Known Member

krogervisa.com :( denied with my 654 :(

i give up

18. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

I am waiting on Target and Radioshack..they both gave me the "we'll get back with ya" crap...Haven't heard from Radioshack in about 1 and a half weeks. I hear that's a good sign,but that is not always true. And don't feel bad AMEX denied my college student brother because he attends a two-year college. Now that is foul. "Tar J" (target) I just did this weekend. I tried to trick it using one of my affinity program credit cards issued thru BankOne and it did not like it. By the way,they have a secured card for $100 bucks, BAnkOne that is.

19. Saar

Saar Banned

Hey roni,

1. Could you elaborate on this one? I admit that's the first I've heard of it. How "unacceptable" is it.
    2. Suppose you could get a Fleet. Why would you want an inferior card?

Saar

20. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry Saar, I can elaborate b/c they didnt elaborate. It just says as the forth reason for denial ..."unacceptable department store high credit amounts".

it didnt say balances. I owe very little on my cards. Maybe it means that I have too many 0 balances on my retail cards. What do you think?