U.S. Creditcom?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angel, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Angel

Angel Guest

Yesterday I received a call from a man who said he was calling from U.S. Creditcom to verify some information for a Visa/MC application I submitted within the past 6-12 months. He couldn't tell me the issuer because "we do verifications for over 150 companies". After verifying a little info (no SS#) he told me that for $79.95 I would be issued either a Visa or MC with a limit of at least $500. Being the skeptical New Yorker that I am, I asked for his info. They're located in Las Vegas and he also gave me their telephone number. He told me I could check with the BBB if I wanted to. Has anyone ever heard of this company?

2. b golden

b golden Guest

Well I'm getting the red flag just by reading your post. I think I would leave this one alone. I have never heard of them. If it is a visa/mastercard bank then they usually do their own verifications. And what's up with 79.95? See what other post you get but I think you would be better off forgetting about it. Do you remember applying for anything 6-12 months ago? It never takes a reputable visa/mastercard bank that long to complete an application. If you need credit try Direct Merchants Bank. I have some bad credit and they approved me for 500.00 with a 99.00 deposit(this is a secured card). Which is their other offer if you dont get approved for the unsecured card. You could try Providian too, if you dont have that one.