Uh-oh, did I blow this or what?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shirley, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I applied to Juniper and Macy's today since they both supposedly pull Equifax. My EQ score is 762 and there's one retail card listed that I got in 1985 that's in perfect form.

Both said it needed more time for processing and I'd hear from them.

I just noticed that my Equifax report has not been updated to include my married name and current address. When I applied for both of these cards, I used my married name and-- not new but not on the report-- address. I called EQ and they said to send them a copy of my driver's license for them to update the info.

Do you think this is the reason for the delay in processing? Will I be denied for this info being incorrect? What do you y'all think?

Thanks.

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Probably the reason for the delay. Don't fret. Worrying only stresses you out. Your score is good and you should get the cards.

Call Juniper and Macy's and find out if there is a problem with the name/address that you used on the aplication, as you used your married name/new address. If so, you can send THEM proof, sending the CRA's your drivers license won't help here...maybe you should do that to update your reports with accurate information, but that will not help you with this situation.

-Peace, Dave

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

762 is very good.
    I was denied 685-698.
    Wife denied 725-741.

...But people with MUCH lower F.I.C.O. scores have got CITIBANK AND JUNIPER BUT WE HAVE BEEN DENIED...

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MAYBE WE ARE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD...

But I still have NOTHING negative since 1978...

5. Shirley

George,

Did they pull Equifax on you?

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

George, isn't the reason you're denied for these cards is because you already have around $100,000 in existing revolving credit lines? (I believe that was the close to the amount you mentioned.) At some point, I believe most lending institutions stop extending additional credit.

Randy

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT IN THE $100,000 CLUB ANY MORE...BUT OTHERS GET NEW CREDIT ALL THE TIME WITH $150,000....

8. Shirley

Welp, I was denied for both.

The letter from Juniper says the reaon is:

Unpaid chargeoffs, public records or collection items.

I have no public records. They pulled Equifax AND Transunion on me. Equifax has one account listed on it Pays As Agreed since 1986. TU has a 30 day late from 1995 (a car that's long paid off that I currently have in dispute and a 1992 collection account that just recently dropped off Equifax.

I called the rep to ask for reconsideration and she said the reason I was denied is because they want you to have five open accounts for three years. It didn't say that in the letter I got so I don't know how good that info is.

Oh well... another rejection to add to the pile.

9. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

what about Macys? you should be able to talk them into a card :)

10. Shirley

I posted this in another thread today. I called them today and the lady told me it was denied because I have a past delinquent account with them.

This is 8-9 years ago. I didn't think there was anything owed on that card when I moved but I guess there was.

I'll see what the letter says.