Uh-oh...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Feb 12, 2001.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I think I went over the limit on my new secured Cap One card! It has a $200 limit. I used the whole $200. I then get an email saying that my statement is ready to be viewed online. I check it and find out my balance is $239!! I totally forgot about the stupid annual fee! Does this count as being over the limit? I already sent out $45 about two days ago, just to drop my balance. I think I screwed up big time...
    What a way to start off my relationship w/ Cap One! PLease advise. I hope you guys can give some good news =(

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

Yes it does,but you did the right thing by sending 45.00 to get your balance below your credit limit.I hope your payment posts before your bill cycles,otherwise they can hit you with an overlimit fee,who needs that?Just be very careful next time.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

That's the thing w/ low limit cards like these. It's so easy to go over. I guess you'll have to just use the card and charge no more than $100 on it and keep a $100 cushion at ALL TIMES to allow for error. That's what I would do.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Don't worry.

I've gone through two annual fees with CapOne now, and each one put me over the limit. They never charged me an OTL fee. Of course, I paid more than usual to get back under the limit AND cover the next month's interest.

The overlimit balances were reported on my credit reports as my high balances, but no one knows that's over the limit since the limit isn't reported.

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Thanks for your input!

I feel a bit better now.

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Thanks for your input!

Glad I could help.