Ultimate Luxuries / Ultimate CARD

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, May 7, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

On the Travel Channel - now - they just did a thing on the Millers - who were a San Francisco couple who had the ultimate credit card - Visa Signature!!!!

They made one comment that American Express would not publicly discuss their BLACK CARD, but only several hundred AMEX Cardmembers had one!!

The show said it took $250K net worth to get a Signature Card and that 1/2 of 1% of all Visa cardholders have it - it offers no preset spending limit and concierge service.

The Millers took full advantage of Signature
    Concierge when one call arranged a limo and lunch in Wine Country north of SF.

OK....I thought anybody could get a Signature Visa.
    WHICH IS THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS CARD ?

I vote for American Express Centurion Card.

2. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

A man in front of me today at Bed Bath & Beyond whipped out a BLACK American Express to pay for some new pans. IS the black the highest card?

It sure looked really cool!

judy

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

yup

4. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Dog-

Go and buy a BMW -- and get a Visa Signature card from BMW Bank : )

Visa doesn't set a net-worth standard for any card, as far as I know. The issuing bank does.

Banks that offer the Sig. card:

-Associates National Bank (Delaware)
    -BMW Bank of North America
    -Capital One Bank
    -Citibank (South Dakota), National Association
    -Corning Federal Credit Union
    -First Union Direct Bank, N.A.
    -First USA Bank, National Association
    -Merrill Lynch Bank USA
    -U.S. Bank National Association ND
    -Wilmington Savings Fund Society

Since I've got Amex and Diners, I don't see the need for the Sig. (or World MC for that matter). I don't like the way that they do the "no-preset limit" everything under your approved LOC can be revolved, everything above it is due in full ... it also screws up the average daily balance in that you wind up paying interest on the whole balance, not just what you revolve.

I like Diners' way of doing it - a separate Club Plus line that you activate and transfer balances to. That way you can - if need be- revolve, yet still enjoy 62 days of float on the card charges.

--mj

5. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I heard about the signature card, but I don't know the requirements. What are the credit and income requirements? Is it possible to upgrade to this if you have a Platinum card from one or more of the banks mentioned earlier? I know I will not get the Centurion card in my lifetime, but at least I get concierge service and lots of other benefits with my Quantum card.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Where can I find information on this card? costs?

7. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

http://www.visa.com/pd/consumer/us/signature/main.html

Because life shouldn't have limits

Enjoy the power and prestige of a card without
    preset spending limits.* Because your lifestyle
    demands expansive spending power and payment
    flexibility, Visa Signature's extraordinary services
    are designed to exceed your highest expectations.

Visa Signature's exceptional services are available
    to you whenever and wherever you travel or
    shop-24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You'll enjoy
    superior customer service and unique travel and
    entertainment benefits.

* Individual transactions are authorized by Card Issuers based on
    factors such as account history, credit record, and payment resources.
    Card Issuers preset upper limits for revolving balances and cash
    advances.

Travel Services
    Exceptional worldwide services for Visa Signature
    cardholders. Personal Service and
    Responsiveness
    Purchase protection and around-the-clock
    assistance.

Spending Flexibility
    Expansive purchasing power to meet your unique
    needs.

Concierge
    Assistance with your entertainment and travel
    needs.

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Well I may not know much, I do know a little bit about everything. One thing I DO know for sure is that American Express Black is the mother of all cards. Although (unless I win the lottery) I will never possess this card in my lifetime, I still get a kick out of seeing others with it (current count is 1 so far). But you know how that goes.....pretty soon there will be something to top Black (Am/Ex CLEAR?). But for now, if it aint black.....it aint sh.....

What's funny now is that even Am/Ex Gold is somewhat diluted. Mail clerks at my job have that card. The only card that I see people actually take a double look at (besides black) is Platinum. Hopefully one day, I can be a part of that club.

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Remember - when they first offered BLACK, it was hand delivered by couriers to each invitee!

MP$$ - didn't you tell me about the guy in the Home Depot in Vegas who said....... :)

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

It was actually at the Build-A-Bear workshop inside of The Aladdin shopping mall in Vegas. Gee...must be nice!