umbrella bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zip, Jan 20, 2001.

1. zip

zip Well-Known Member

looked back on threads to get some info on this card but didnt find much! has anyone applied and recieved this card?? what was the credit limit like. I applied and got a message saying there was an error in my application, wondering if this was a different way of saying "denied!"Thanks

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Both my Fiance and I applied. We both got that error message.

He was approved, I was not.

We have not been impressed with them. On the first bill, we mailed payment in full. Their automated system correctly confirmed receipt of the payment, but when the statement processed, it said the payment was late. They didn't charge a late fee, but they did charge interest. They took about 3 weeks after the said they received the payment before the check cleared our bank.

We sent out the second payment (again in full), and we'll see what happens this time.

I'm not very impressed with them so far.

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Also, oddly enough, my fiance does not know anything about credit, and has a very limited credit report that has major errors on it. He was approved.

I have clean credit reports and was denied.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The PLATINUM card has a higher interest rate than the classic...but the CLASSIC card is bright yellow, a turn off to some people.

5. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

I also had an error while trying to apply, but eventually I got the online application to work. It told me it needed addition time to process and I would get an answer in 7-10 days.

I was denied for a secured card because (surprise, surprise) about four of my former creditors are still reporting I'm past due instead of reporting that my debts were discharged in April. The Umbrella Bank site says you can't get a secured card if you are past due.

But I was disappointed that when I called customer service and offered to send a copy of my BK papers and discharge letter, the rep didn't care. The only thing that mattered is what my TransUnion report said -- even if it was wrong. And the rep said I'd have to reapply when my credit report was cleaned up; getting TransUnion to send a copy of the corrected report wasn't good enough.

It did appear, however, that Umbrella was outsourcing its CC customer service and application processing.