UMBRELLA CARD - Pinto Comment!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 3, 2000.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I was scrolling thru old messages and noticed that no one ever even commented on my analysis of the Umbrella Bank Yellow Card.

Specifically, I said I had not seen that shade of yellow since Ford Pinto hit the showroom floors!

Please - if I am ever to perfect my sense of humor and sarcasm, I need feedback. Good or good!

THX all - Dog

2. Jo

Jo Guest

RE: UMBRELLA CARD - Pinto Comm

LOL...naw, I think it's hilarious! ;-) I actually think Doris called it a "ugly, crap-colored" yellow a few days ago...but I like yours just as much...;-D

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Deepest sincere appreciation.
    Mine still runs pertfectly........ :0
    just kidding thankfully.

On the other I hand, I could be the proud owner of a Ford Explorer at $500 per month for 60 months with brand new factory
    Firestone Tires.
    Don't worry, if the tires split, the Firestone workers can fix them ... oh wait..
    the Firestone workers who made the tires are going on strike.... so the Ford Explorer owners will have to hopefully get another
    brand tire,, of course they need paperwork, documentation, an appt.
    Oh well the shiny Explorer should not hAVE
    too many more rollovers by the time they get new tires.

Too bad that some poor ass dog financed those frickin tires on a CCB Visa card, and probably has that Ford Explorer at 15% for 60 months. Probably sold em the coating package and the undercoating too.
    They are so XXXXed, they can't even drive the damn Explorer to the viewing station of lost payments Hell of Fire.!!!

One more comment- just to amuse those with SUVs- aren't you a bit sick of paying $2 per gallon for 10-15 miles per gallon?
    Ford will probably advertise the Explorer's "downtime" as a gas reduction
    BENEFIT.
    Just a little demonstrative sarcasm - as it were. Dogman

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

See? All you needed was a little encouragement. We'd better enjoy your humor while it's still free. You won't need that day job much longer.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

EDDIE BAUER EDITION EXPLORER

Don't you know middle class pups are particularly pissed their fabulous $35K Eddie Bauer Edition Explorers are suddenly worth about 50 % today of what they were B4 the FORD/FIRESTONE scandal?

LET'S FACE IT! IF I am going out tomorrow to buy an SUV, I am avoiding FORD EXPLORER like the plague and heading for Motor Trend's Nissan XTERRA.

The XTERRA has everything you need - nothing you don't. The Explorer has an abundance of things you don't need, and an obsession to split its tires open like a bass frying on
    hot frying pan!

I'd have Mr. Nasser's butt flipping that fish too!

Notice how the BEST PR in the whole situation is Goodyear and others NOT SAYING ANYTHING about Ford or Firestone?

Dogman

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: EDDIE BAUER EDITION EXPLOR

I bet the #####? Ford Explorer buyer who just signed the loan papers, handed over the check, then drove his great vehicle off the lot, was pleased when he turned on his fabulous 6 speaker Eddie Bauer Bose stereo to hear that his tires on his vehicle were recalled in South America over 1 yr ago - and were deemed unsafe; Ford had now set up emergency tire stations to remedy the cause of nearly 100 deaths by a massive tire replacement.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

EDDIE BAUER EDITION MasterCard

I went to Eddie Bauer recently since it often gets mentioned on this site. Not noticing any Ford Explorers for sale, I consoled myself by picking up a credit card application. There is an Eddie Bauer MasterCard issued by First Consumers, which offers rewards and an APR of about 18%, relatively low compared to retail cards.

8. Jo

Jo Guest

LOL...yup...Chevy Suburban here! Gas prices suck in the Bay Area....especially this weekend!!! $1.98 for a gallon of regular?! This is CCB-ish!!! I feel cheated...

9. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Damn! And I thought I had it bad when I paid $1.35 a gallon yesterday!

10. Jo

Jo Guest

LOL...yup, just put an $86.00 charge on AmEx filling up my tank...;-D

11. Stormie

Stormie Guest

RE: EDDIE BAUER EDITION Master

Yes that is so true. The retail cards interest rates are between 21.9 , 24.9 , and a few are even higher. And that is just plain ridiculous. More and more people are taking major credit cards instead of these high rate dept store cards. We were in a computer store and we're going to apply for one of their credit cards, and found the interest rate was extremely high around 26 % We we're dumb founded . Obviously we didn't apply. We did comment to the sales clerk about the rate though. And she metioned most people never pay attention to that, or they don't seem to care. Yikes, even thought you might consider paying it off in a few months, what if you don't, then you'll be paying , and paying. Since coming to this board I always check those APR's .

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

$1.35 a gallon -....Ok.....AH....OHH......
    can't speak or type! :) Dog

At least with the fabulous cheery yellow pinto with its accompanying yellow umbrella card, slow speed will reign and
    road rage will be significantly increased.

I hear Firestone is cooking up a deal
    to offer replacement tires on the Pintos too.
    Just kidding - you know how I can go on....
    Dog