Unauthorized Authorizations

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbrown59, Nov 10, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Some body placed 2 Authorizations that I did not authorize on my credit card.

One was for $98.00 and the other one was for $9.00.

Strange thing about this is I haven't used the card since 1-6-01.

When I asked the bank who was trying to access funds from the account they told me they didn't know because the authorizations had dropped off:

Has this ever happened to any of you folks?

I don't like the idea that someone can try to make charges on my account with out me ever finding out about it And if I do find out there is no way for me to find out who did it.

Can Anyone Here offer any Feed Back on this? ? ?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

B u m p

3. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Did the charges actually go through? If so, dispute them, report the card as stolen and get a new account number. If you dispute the charges, they will probably come up with a name for you.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

lbrown59/jzilla
    "PRE-AUTHORIZATION"...dropped off...

You may have had a business type in your account # by mistake (transposed #'s)???
    Since there was no official charge to "MATCH" they dropped off.

5. Jamee25

Jamee25 Well-Known Member

I work for a credit card company and I see this happen all the time, and I wouldn't be too concerned, it really could be anything. If someone had your credit card info, your card would be maxed out in amatter of 2 hours. They dont waste time. I see fraud on a daily basis... Since it was just an authorization that dropped off and never posted to your balance, it could have just been a mistake either by a merchant or the credit card company itself.

Jamee