Unauthorized Inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by archer, Oct 23, 2001.

1. archer

archer Member

I have a couple unauthorized inquiries on my EQ report that I wanna dispute. Has anyone every had any luck with getting unauthorized disputes removed? Also, on my TU report, theres an error on my current address and present employer. Will this affect my score? Thanks

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yes, a very little. Authorized ones too. To be exact, I've disputed 8 of them with 4 credit bureaus and all 8 of them came off on one so far. I have not received answers on the other 3 yet although it's a forgone conclusion that at least one of the remaining 3 will also delete all 8. I'll just have to see what happens when the rest of the results come in which should be within the next few days.
    My report has one false address on it and I disputed that a long time ago and it didn't come off, but I've just never worried about it. I just had a new customer from here in town sign up with me and he has a list of wrong addresses on his record as long as your arm. Even stuff like 1234 somestreet where he has lived for the last 14 years coming up as 123456 somestreet listed with different house numbers, some of which could not possibly even exist in this city. We will be disputing all of those incorrect addresses, of course. He has so many of them, it would be hilarious if he wasn't applying for the money to make a major, major real estate purchase in the very near future. So his records are going to have to be spotless.

It's going to be a tough situation to handle because although he only has one bad hit on his record and it don't even belong to him, he has multiple tax liens, both state and IRS. But even some of those are "funny". He only had one of each to start off with and if that was all he ever had, it wouldn't be so bad but they have multiple sets of entries for each and each set carries a different case number, all of which springs from the original. For instance, the original IRS lien which is totally false and bogus in the first place of course, carries a case number such as 12345 and then the state tax lien is listed with the case number 000000012345. Both of them have the same date and exactly the same amount of money! So you know right off the bat that he is being flim-flammed somewhere. Then they come off with a whole new set of tax liens, both federal and state with numbers such as 00000001234598 and 1234598 and the common thread is always the amounts of money and the 12345 part are the same, but the dates are changed to some new date. And then it starts all over again for about 4 different sets of liens.
    Crazy! And the whole mess is repeated with all three on his tri-merged report.

And then to make matters worse, he has a child support thingy against him. Only real problem with that is that all his "kids" are over 40 years old and he swears he never missed a child support payment in his life! Yet he is supposed to owe the DHS over $13,000 in child support. And the law allowing DHS to collect in the "modern methods" way wasn't even passed into Oklahoma law until sometime in the middle of the last decade. So they illegally "grandfathered" him into the new collection system even though his kids were all well over 21, married and with their own families when the law was passed and his ex-wife never ever applied for welfare!
    So he is headed for some deep legal action I can't help him with. I've already referred him to some good legal help, however.

As far as the present employer error is concerned, I'd tend to think that it just might be a real problem on a credit application although I'd also tend to think you could explain it to the creditor if it did get to be a problem and you were denied credit because of it.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Many people have had success with inquries at EX and TU, but EQ seems to have a company policy against deleting inquries.

As for the add/emp info, it does not seem to effect your FICO scores, but it can make it difficult to access your reports online. With one address/emp it makes it more difficult for any creditor or collection to verfiy/validate your accounts. I recommend only having one......

4. archer

archer Member

Thanks for the info. I'm off to the "form letters" section then from there onto PlanetFeedback.com
    From there we'll see how it goes.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Don't use PFB as your first line of contact with the Credit Reporting Agencies... You need legal proof that you requested investigations as certified mailing, return rec provides.

I've never got any repsonse from the CRAs by using Planet Feeback. It works for some companies, just not these...

6. archer

archer Member

Once again, I just can't thank you guys enough for all the great tips and the type of help that we newbies get from this board. It is things like these that makes me glad I live in this great country!

Thanks again,
    Archer

7. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

How did-- that is, how do you assume-- the inquiries came to be?

8. cariba

cariba Well-Known Member

I have started writing the companies responsible for pulling the inquiries to get them off--so far, 1 out of 3. TU sends out their little form letter--they took off a couple for me during the summer. I shouldn't have to write the companies, but I just want them off, so I am doing what I have to do.

cariba