Unbelievable letter!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Apr 28, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I about fell outa my chair..well, I was in the car so I guess I would have fallen out of the car! It's Harley weekend so I would have been squished multiple times by tiny tires!
    ANYWAY--I opened a letter from JC Penney's addressed to my husband (we have a joint account) It stated that they were immmediately removing ALL lates from our account and that they were very sorry and they hoped it did not cause any...yada yada.
    WOW! What caused this? Husband just retained Junum at the beginning of April and I disputed a couple lates from them on my own report via Equifax only in the same month. they specifically state all three CRA will be fixed!
    Hopefully, that removal also counts on my report too..since it's the same account. Ya think?

I think this is great, I just don't understand! They were reporting three total lates: 4/94, 12/94, 5/98
    (30,60,30)
    Opinions? Inspiration?

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Congrats AnnMarie. I'm so happy that Junum came through for you.

Dani

3. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congrats AnnMarie!

I believe the lates would be deleted from your reports as well. I don't know how they could say the account wasn't late on his and account was late on yours. ya know

Kelly

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Wow COOL am!!

Since you sent no other letters...Must be that a dispute letter from Junum to the CRA's sparked a letter to JCP and JCP just wrote you to alert you to the situation...congratulations!! -Dave

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I sent JCPenney a letter last month demanding that they change my credit report to reflect that I was the one who closed the account, not them. In the letter I also stated that they are reporting the account twice on my TU report and that the account should have no lates on it. They sent back a letter stating that they would change the status to closed at consumer's request, but never mentioning the other items in my letter. I guess I kind-of won.

At any rate, Congratulations!!!!

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

Congrads.. I sent out a few letters, and got a few late pays removed.. Got 2 60 day late pays removed.. It was there fault anyways. I never recieved the bills :( Ah another joy of college

7. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I got the same letter, bu they did not remove it from the other two bureaus, hope you have better luck.

8. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

congratulations!!!!!!!

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Which of these is most dameging on a report
    A=Closed by creditor
    B=Late payment(S)
    C=Double reporting Accounts
    What is your opinion ?

10. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

lbrown59

I would probably say the most damaging would be late payments especially made in the last two years. I don't think duplicate accounts would affect your FICO score that much as long as they are in good standing. Closed by creditor can hurt, but there are several reasons this can occur and not all the reasons are bad. Hope this helps.

Dani

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

AM - ? for you

So...your husband has Junum only? Not you? Just wanted to clarify!

And, congrats! That is wonderful!

12. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: AM - ? for you

Right...I was in the middles of a dispute (still am) when I decided to sign him up--it was kind of a testing time. My main inspiration for signing him and not myself were the results of the first round of disputes--we have a settled cc from 9/99 ) last activity 12/98) that's really hurting us. Mine was removed and his remains. My score is also 687 and his was 648 so.....I wanted to try and get us to 700 this summer. But I really don't see it happening, we have too much new credit that wasn't in the mix when I got those scores. :)
    AnnMarie