UNBELIEVEALBE!!! CITIBANK!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Arthur, Oct 14, 2000.

1. Arthur

Arthur Guest

I can't believe it. My credit has like 14 negatives from 4-5 years ago, and only a few positive trade lines...and I applied for the Citi AAdvantages Silver card, knowing I'd be denied.....TO MY SURPRISE THEY TOLD ME I WAS APPROVED FOR A $2000 CREDIT LINE!!!!! Totally unbelieveable. I still got a 19.49 APR, but it's better than my providian 24.99 APR! It told me that the card would be sent to my address in 7-10 days. You don't think the'yd change their mind? I mean I'm in...right...or is that approval, just tentative? I really WANT a citibank card, it has so much prestige with it, plus I'd rather pull that out at the checkout line than my blue providian....Please advise!!

Arthur

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: UNBELIEVEALBE!!! CITIBANK!

you will get the card in 8 days. congratulatons.

3. Arthur

Arthur Guest

My only fear is, when I did this, and got the approval, I accidently hit the back on my browser, and submitted again.....so in essence it applied twice...since it said I was approved the first time, and the second time it said would send results to address...will I still get the card? I am so exicted. I just hope I didnt screw things up by hitting submit again.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

If you received a approval for the first one you are approved. Call them and tell them the second was a computer error. they will remove the application and allow you to apply for the gold if you want. It will take more work to get them to remove the inquiry from your credit report. I am sure you can call and explain this and they will connect you to the right department to have it removed. Ihad the same prob. with AMEx and it was removed. You need to call the applications department. I posted the phone number at this site weeks ago and I cant find it. Maybe someone else will fish for it. I am tired.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

(301)733-5501

# to citibank applications. 301 733 5501.
    1) wait 3 days before calling
    2) say that you applied over 3 weeks ago at the automated machine to be connected to a rep.

6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Denied for Citibank, is it do

I was just curious because you said that you have 14 negatives. Are these just deliquents or accounts that you never paid. I have 3 accounts that I am now going to pay off and try to negotiate with the creditor to remove or mark as Paid but it will still leave the 90, 60, 30 day delinquents on my account. I applied for the Citibank and was denied. I wonder if I should reapply after paying off these debts.

7. Arthur

Arthur Guest

RE: Denied for Citibank, is i

the 14 negatives are all chargeoffs from 95-96, I ran in to some bad times back then, and did not pay anymore, never was sued, just charged off, they will drop off in the next 2 years, but I've been in subprime hell since then....I was surprised as hell when CITI approved me.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

enjoy

I am very glad that they approved you. You have obviously worked on improving your credit rating and you deserve the cards. Enjoy.