Under Age Contracts..advise please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by heedsgirl2, Oct 2, 2003.

1. heedsgirl2

heedsgirl2 New Member

Newbie her....I'm not sure if I'm pushing my luck or anything, but I'm getting ready to start sending out offers to 4 OC's about having their charge-offs removed and my accounts changed to paid.
    I'm not going to negotiate for a lesser amount. I'm actually just going to pay what the balances read on my CR's right now. I fugure if I do this, they'll be more willing to agree to change the rating to paid as agreed. And these account are OLD. I'm talking the SOL is very near. I guess this would be my first question, do you think they would be willing to do so?

Second, in reference to these 4 accounts, one is Providian Bank (Visa), 2 are WFNNB (Express and Victoria's Secret) and the last is FCNB (Spiegel).
    I opened all of these accounts when I was 16 and 17.
    I was a minor and had no co-sign. Could I use this as a weapon to get them to change the rating since the contract wasn't legally binding?? Hell, I don't even know if I should pay at all.
    Please, please advise.

Thanks,
    Stacey

Thanks, Sta

2. keepmine

keepmine Well-Known Member

If the SOL is close, wait until it runs before you start negoiating. You'll have maximum leverage since there is nothing they can do.
    As to the age thing: If you used them after you turned 18, you're liable. If you didn't, then you do have all sorts of leverage in getting them deleted.

3. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Each time you use a card you reaffirm your contractual agreement. If you USED the card as an 18 year old, I don't know, might be a problem.

Welcome.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Each time you use a card you reaffirm your contractual agreement. If you USED the card as an 18 year old, I don't know, might be a problem.
    Butch
    ==============
    You can't reaffirm a contract that was null and void in the first place.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''