Unfinished Business

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by J. Edgar, Apr 29, 2001.

1. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Greetings:

Yes I did say that I was signing off, but there was one unfinished piece of business that I felt I should close the loop on.

Several weeks ago I mentioned that I received an offer in the mail for a Cap 1 Platinum card featuring a very attractive interest rate (LIBOR +2.12%, Floor of 8.9%) with up to a $20K limit, no cash advance fees EVER, no convenience check fees EVER, no balance transfer fees EVER, and most interesting: No telemarketing EVER. I applied. Sounded like a good deal.

Well, late last week I got the card in the mail and they gave me the max line ($20K).

The last check of my FICO score in early April was 751. No derogatories and only one INQ that 'counts' towards scoring.

LIBOR is going to have to go up at least a full point before the rate moves from 8.9%, but with the Fed pushing interest rates down here and the rates in Japan down to nearly nil, that will probably be safe for a while.

I know that there have been many negative comments about Cap 1 on this board. It remains to be seen how they handle their new 'super-prime' customers now that they have decided to move into that market.

Best wishes to everyone.

--J

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

Sorry to see you go :-(

I understand though - Enjoy super prime !!!!!!!!

Kelly

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS

4. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

That is so very awesome for you..plese, comeback, show us a little more of the super prime world, a glimpse of where all of our efforts are leading us to.....I, for one, would really enjoy that a lot!
    Thanks for all your input......and GOOD FOR YOU!

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

welcome back j. edgar.

roni

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

YOU ARE THE BOMB! That is great news!!!

7. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS

8. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I am glad you shared that with us. That is a terrific offer. J, I hope with this new setup you will continue to frequent from time to time. You are a great contributor.

www.creditsense.com

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations J. Edgar. I must say that is the ultimate credit card deal. That is awesome!!! Enjoy

10. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

that is really WONDERFUL news...we are so happy.

Sister Girl

11. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Congrats! It is great to see what can be accomplished if you stick to it. Great postive information like this keeps me going! Thanks!

Dustin