Unrated??? - Please Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nj_newbie, May 11, 2001.

1. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

Hi,

Lately while disputing with TransUnion, I noticed several accounts once verified have a status called "Unrated"; anyone know what this means.

Also, what section on TransUnion shows the last date of activity? Is it the section called "closed"? If it is, I think they are reaging my accounts because a prior report stated closed 1994, I disputed and it came back verified and now the section that says closed has a date of 1999 after it. My bk was discharged in 1999. What can I do about this?

Please send comments, I need help!!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"UNRATED" is usually for new accounts like less than two months old...or says "too new to rate"

But if these are disputed accounts & "verified" maybe they will NEVER rate them again...(just a guess).

3. nj_newbie

Everyone of these accounts that are listed as UNRATED are very old and was included in my BK in 1999.

Does UNRATED mean it is not factored into my scores?

UGGGHHHH!!!!!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I assume "UNRATED" neither helps or hurts your F.I.C.O.

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I think George is correct.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Unrated is good for a negative account. I had an unrated account which was actually a bad debt but it fell off like 1 years ago. Unrated is better than the chargeoff notation.

7. nj_newbie

Thanks for all the information. I hope it is not factored into my score. I am trying desperately to clean up my reports before next spring when we are looking to buy a house.

Another question: Should I keep disputing these accounts? Any suggestions on reasons?

Thanks, I am learning so much from all of you guys.

Pam

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I would leave it alone. If it is actually a charged off account, why risk the creditor verifying it and changing the rating to R9 which would really hurt your score. The unrated isnot hurting or helping you. I would leave it alone.