"UNRATED"

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Todd, Oct 31, 2000.

1. Todd

Todd Guest

I opened a auto loan in 10/91 and paid it off in full early in 04/93. Never late. the account shows in Trans Union. The proper info is there however the account says:

STATUS AS OF 04/19993: UNRATED

What does this mean??

2. jennifer

jennifer Guest

RE: "UNRATED"/respon

I have the same thing on my transunion, it was a $4,000 installment loan of 48 months, and I paid it off in 11.
    Transunion sent me a copy of my report under consumer disclosure, and when i called them, they said that when an account originally posts as 48 months, and you pay it off in less than 75% of the origional reporting date that it doesnt rate. This only applies in some cases, which they wouldnt tell me, which cases. But my Equifax, Experian did rate well for me. Sorry couldnt give you a better answer.

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

As long as it was an account in good standing, you can dispute the "unrated" account and request that the payment information be either updated or removed altogether. While an unrated account is neither positive or negative, it could possibly be wide open for a perspective creditor's interpretation.

The "unrated" status at Trans Union usually means that the creditor initially reported the account when you opened it, but they never reported any payment information thereafter. On an Equifax report, this usually shows as either an I-0 or an R-0.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HAVE IT REPORTED AS PAID/NEVER LATE...OR HAVE IT REMOVED ALL TOGETHER IF YOU DON'T NEED IT.