Up 117 Points in 2 days! (Long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by benkind, Sep 5, 2001.

1. benkind

benkind Well-Known Member

Okay so I just want to confirm that when you dispute with Equifax, the negs are not calculated into your score.

I disputed a bunch of things a few days ago and then pulled my FICO/Beacon score which was 489 and now it's 606!

I know it's artificial, but I STILL like it! Meanwhile, does it make sense for me to apply for credit now?

Any suggestions?

As you can see, I'm in the toilet. Do creditors see the same thing as I'm seeing?

I pulled it straight from Equifax Score Power.

And Experian Creditexpert simulator seems to suggest that if I can get just $1250 in revolving credit (I currently have none, which I had thought was a good thing) my score would go up there by 30+ points!

Last month I was turned down by Cap 1 and Providian (who closed a secure account with me aobut 18 months ago)

I just ordered a Net First card.

I feel that "desperation" thing that someone was talking about...

Thanks.

2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

How many items did you dispute?

3. benkind

Andrew,

I had lots to choose from. The short answer is that I disputed online and I disputed everything. About 12 items. This is only my 3 round or so with the credit bureaus and I"m going to dispute everything at once until I see that they think I'm being fribvolous and then I'll dispute twice a week.

The test will be TU--my worst report and the one that people say is done manualy (Equifax is suupposedly done by computer).

I disputed 22 items. Some have suggested that it is a good way to get ignored by TU. We'll see.

4. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Apply NOW :) This worked with Target, I got a card with $200 at 608. Unfortunately once 4 of the disputes were verified as "correct" my score dropped to a heartbreaking 534.

Steph

5. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

It may be worth contacting Cap 1 through planet feedback asking them to reconsider opening the closed secured account.

Especially if you can provide a good reason for your actions. Just a thought, maybe others have better insight.

I would quickly apply to other companies that you have no history with, based on who they pull for a report.

6. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Are these negatives that you are disputing relatively new? Because I have about 5 accounts in dispute, and my score has raised a WHOPPING point. And that is after an inquiry fell off during the same time.

7. benkind

Mostly new--max 1-2 years old. Including 5 student loan charge-offs that are actually consolidated but that were never rehabbed--dammit!

8. benkind

I took you guy's advice and applied for a First consumers national bank secured card. Got 150% of deposit! I asked and she said they pulled Equifax even though I live in Chicago, instead of Trans Union.

I am very happy!

But now I feel about the Net First card. What's the best way to handle it? I haven't even received the card yet.

I'm going to Target and apply for a card there.

Any other good equifax-pulling cards I should know about?